- Putting Hospitality in Healthcare FS. // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on a panel discussion on food service in hospitals. Part of a videoconference presented by the United States-based National Society of Healthcare Foodservice Managers; Healthcare foodservice professionals' goal of delivering hotel-quality services in hospitals.
- Customer and cost concerns shape health talk. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/17/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p32
The article examines health and nutrition issues discussed by a group of foodsevice experts at the Doubletree Hotel Charlotte-Gateway Village in North Carolina. The event allowed participants to tackle consumer attitudes and the operational realities involved in addressing health issues....
- Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum To Focus On the Hottest Trends During The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show Of New York. // Total Food Service;Mar2014, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p69
The article offers information on The Ferdinand Metz Foodservice Forum to be held in New York City from March 2-4, 2014.
- WEIGHING IN. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/28/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 48, p46
The article reports on the Health & Nutrition Roundtable among eight prominent institutional food service executives in Anaheim, California. Amid growing attention to the dangers of trans fats and restaurants' purported roles in the obesity crisis, managers at educational and health care...
- Providing choices for customers remains top priority for operators. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/25/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p90
Reports on the Health and Nutrition Roundtable discussion held on May 21, 2005 in Chicago, Illinois, participated in by restaurant and food service operators. Health and nutrition issues as the primary challenges facing operators; Steps taken by the industry to address the nutritional needs of...
- Making Their Mark In The Windy City. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Apr2004, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p24
This section presents a photograph of four leading women restaurateurs from the Chicago, Illinois area, who were honored by the Women's Foodservice Forum in Mach 2004.
- Waving--but not drowning. Mutch, Forbes // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/20/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4227, p15
Focuses on the topics discussed in the 2002 Catering Forum. Problems faced by the catering industry; Impact of recruitment problems on the industry; Factors causing the problems in the industry; Recommendations for improving the situation in the catering sector.
- 'ABCs' panel discusses role of science in menu R&D. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;11/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p66
The article reports on the discussion about how the role of science is evolving in professional kitchens by a panel of experts led by "Nation's Restaurant News" executive food editor Pamela Parseghian in the annual "ABCs of R&D" portion of the Culinary R&D conference in Dallas, Texas. An...
- It's more than the plant. Kuack, David // GMPRO - Greenhouse Management & Production;Oct2004, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p2
Focuses on horticultural issues discussed at several conferences in the U.S. Highlights of the open forum discussion on the value of plants at the first Short Course Town Meeting; Expectations of consumers on the quality of plants sold in garden centers and retail stores; Changes in consumer...