ADD-ONS IN AKRON: Menu upgrade gives jeweler a sales boost
- TAKIN' IT TO 'EM: JEWELER ADDS CART SERVICE. // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Reports that Sterling Jewelers has added a cart service for employees who cannot go to Diamond Grille, the company's cafeteria in Akron, Ohio. Information on Diamond Grille; Average daily sales at the cafeteria; Snacks offered by the company through their cart service; Sales generated by the...
- TIN STAR. Ruggless, RonW // Nation's Restaurant News;1/31/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p190
This article reports that started in 1999 in Dallas, the restaurant Tin Star recently opened its 11th store, in Atlanta, Georgia. At the beginning of 2004 the chain had only four restaurants. The next openings, all planned to occur by the end of April 2005, are in Denver, Sacramento, California,...
- Sterling Donation Helps Exand St. Jude Cafeteria. // JCK;Sep2006, Vol. 177 Issue 9, p176
The article reports that Sterling Jewelers Inc. has donated to the national outreach of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in the U.S. The $15 million gift allows the hospital to expand and redesign the cafeteria for the patients and staff. The new dining room area will occupy around 500...
- Killer Kiosks. // Food Management;Mar2008, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p32
The article offers information on carts, kiosk and modular satellite stations in the U.S. These areas of business often deliver financial and customer impact. Kiosk has been successful as foodservice outlet in library locations. Some of the Kiosks lessened the lines in cafeterias, while others...
- Luby's 3rd-Q earnings soar; same-store sales leap 6.5%. Spielberg, Susan // Nation's Restaurant News;6/20/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p11
This article reports that Luby's Inc., operator of 133 cafeterias, primarily in Texas, credited menu and marketing maneuvers for a nearly tenfold increase in third-quarter earnings on a 6.5-percent jump in same-store sales. Luby's, also citing a decline in operating costs as a percentage of...
- Sterling to launch `category killer' in October. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/13/93, Vol. 166 Issue 51, p11
Reports on the opening of Akron, Ohio-based jewelry retailer Sterling.'s Jared Galleria of Jewelry. Location; Competition with mass merchandisers and warehouse-type retailers; Volume of jewelries exhibited; Children's jewelry department; Services featured.
- Jewelry store to open. Maurer, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;9/6/93, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p2
Report on Sterling Inc.'s plans to open a jewelry store in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan. Sterling's operation of 950 stores nationwide.
- Deluge clears new path. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;12/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p20
Discusses the efforts of the foodservice team at Methodist Hospital in Houston, Texas to recover from hurricane's floods that ceased the foodservice operation in 2001. Decrease in terms of number of meals served among patients; Remarks from Mark Blakeslee, interim foodservice director, on the...
- Cypress salads a big hit. // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p1
This article reports on the increase in salad consumption in cafeterias at Cypress-Fairbanks Unified School District. Food service director Matthew Morgan says the district served approximately 2,000 salads per day before the new salads were added, but by the end of the year, it was averaging 3,500.