NEWS MAP OF THE WEEK
- NEWS MAP OF THE WEEK. // Current Events;9/19/2003, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p4
This article presents a quiz published in the periodical "Current Events." In the quiz, readers are asked to study a map given in the article, and then complete an exercise in the form multiple answer questions. The questions are related to places in the Middle East.
- A MAP FOR THE INQUISITIVE MIND!!!!!! // Monkeyshines & Ewe Explore the 7 Continents;2001, p186-A
This article presents a blank map of the territories and provinces of Canada and asks how much of it can the readers identify without referring to the same map.
- Quizzical. Edwards, Chris // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Apr2004, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p20
Answers several questions on geography. Concern on the length of time of the dry season experienced by the Dry Valleys in Antarctica; Continent where the Indonesian province of Papua belongs; Description of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge undersea mountain range.
- Ask FACES! // Faces (07491387);Sep2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p40
The article presents various questions and answers related to geography. One of the questions is about the Connecticut River. At more than 407 miles long, the Connecticut River is New England's longest river. The river originates in northern New Hampshire and forms the border between New...
- Monkeyshines Trivia. // Monkeyshines on America;Aug2001 Maryland Issue, p38
This article presents questions and answers for children related to geographical position of Maryland.
- History Quest. // Current Events;9/19/2003, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p2
This article presents information on the weekly column "Quest" of the periodical "Current Events." Each week, Quest features a clue about a mystery person or place. One correct entry will be chosen at random and the winner would be given a $25 gift certificate to Amazon.com. This week's clue is...
- ANSWERS. // Current Events;9/19/2003 Supplement, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p2
Presents answers to questions for students published in an issue of the periodical "Current Events".
- News Map of the Week. // Current Events;5/6/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 25, p4
The article presents questions and answers on the countries that once made up the Soviet Union. The questions can be answered after studying the map of the countries. Three choices are given and the readers are supposed to choose the correct one. Some of the questions were on the number of...
- Map Mania. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;11/2/2005, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p8
Presents a map of Iraq and the three main groups that make up the country as the source of answers to the questions that are asked below the map. Color legend of the map.