News from Europe
- AN ANALYSIS OF COMBATING VAT FRAUD IN THE EUROPEAN UNION USING NEW IT TECHNOLOGIES. Lixăndroiu, Radu // Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Brasov. Series V: Eco;2009, Vol. 2, p105
European VAT fraud has been growing at an alarming rate . The level of VAT losses for one year is between â‚¬60bn and â‚¬100bn for all member states. This level of fraud has created an urgent need for Europe to address the issue of the reform of the VAT system.
- Convenios fiscales internacionales y fiscalidad de la UniÃ³n Europea 2010. // Estrategia Financiera;2010, Vol. 25 Issue 273, p82
No abstract available.
- All EU nations agree plan to combat tax evasion. // Regional Today;3/24/2014, p1
The article reports that the European Union (EU) countries have agreed to prevent tax evasion after Luxembourg and Austria accepted the plan they rejected.
- Scuttlebutt. Smith, Rod // Las Vegas Business Press;04/09/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p3
Highlights developments relevant to the business sector of Las Vegas, Nevada, as of April 9, 2001. Record number of wealthy Americans, including Nevadans, who are getting away with paying no federal income taxes; Filing by the Aladdin Resort & Casino of a Chapter 11 petition for bankruptcy...
- Tax evasion: the who and why. // Crain's New York Business;6/10/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p8
Provides information about tax evasion in New York City. Consequences in evading taxes; Systems for collecting income tax returns; Validity of the tax law on various businesses.
- Å½INIÅ² EKONOMIKOS PLÄ–TRA LIETUVOJE PANAUDOJANT ES STRUKTÅªRINIUS FONDUS. Bagdonienė, Audronė; Smolenskienė, Fausta // Studies in Modern Society;2010, Issue 1, p5
A rapid development of information and communication technologies and the emergence of knowledge economy is the reason of the change in society in recent decades. The European Commission in Lisbon Convention of March 2000 has pointed out that Europe is heading towards the age of knowledge and...
- NON-PARAMETRIC APPROACH IN EFFICIENCY ANALYSIS OF LOCAL E-GOVERNMENT IN CROATIA. Šegota, Alemka; Jardas Antonić, Jelena; Rakamarić Šegić, Mirjana // Proceedings of the International Conference on Economic System o;2012, p484
The complexity of today's business environment, the requirements imposed by EU standards in the field of information and communications technology (ICT), and the imperative of business success, requires from local governments continued analysis of relevant indicators of business performance. In...
- INFORMATION COMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICT) RESEARCH PRIORITIES IN BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, 2007-2013. Mateljan, Tadej; Kudumovic, Mensura; Tatlic, Mersada // TTEM- Technics Technologies Education Management;Sep2007, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p50
Presenty, there is no research politics formulated in the frame of European Union in the field of Information-comunicational technologies (EU ICT research politics) for region of Western Balcans in period 2007-20013. The project supported by European SCORE commeety "Strengthening the Strategic...
- Turning problems into opportunities. Murray, Art // KM World;Sep2008, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p30
The author reflects on the staggering learning and discovery of global networks in the U.S. According to the author, Information and communication technology (ICT) has helped in the development of innovative application. Moreover, he relates that the collaboration of local aggregation and...