West Midlands Region
- MG Rovers made in Poland. // Automotive Engineer;Mar2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p10
Reports that car company MG Rover plans to acquire a car factory formerly owned by Daewoo in Poland. Negotiations with creditor banks of the factory; Car models to be manufactured at the facility.
- MG Rover: checking out Slovakia. // MarketWatch: Automotive;March 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p9
Reports on efforts of MG Rover to improve its financial results and sales. Manufacture and sale of updated automobile models in Slovakia; Objectives of the company's shift of its production to lower cost countries; Negotiation with the Polish government to take over a Daewoo plant in the country.
- MG signs Proton. // Supply Management;3/4/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the partnership deal between MG Rover Group Ltd. and Malaysian automobile maker Proton Corp. Collaboration between the companies on several projects; MG Rover's bid for a disused Daewoo car plant in Poland.
- MG roll-out breathes new lease of life into Longbridge plant. // Professional Engineering;2/7/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p10
The article announces the reopening of the Longbridge plant which would house the final assembly of right-hand-drive MG TF roadsters to be produced by Chinese firm Nanjing Automobile Corp. in England. The firm, which has acquired some of the assets of MG Rover Group Ltd., will be doing the most...
- Rover restarts production. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;12/1/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the decision of MG Rover to resume the automobile production at its Longbridge, England factory. Purpose of the shutdown of the facility; Statement of MG Rover on the move; Efforts of the company to mend relations with labor unions.
- Nanjing names date for UK plant opening. Lewin, Tony // Automotive News Europe;5/14/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the plan of China-based Nanjing Automobile to hold a ceremony to reopen the former MG Rover factory in Longbridge, England on May 29, 2007. Nanjing acquired the assets of British carmaker MG Rover in 2005 after it collapsed due to financial problems. Nanjing is expected to...
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Automotive;February 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p10
Reports on developments related to the automobile industry, compiled as of February 2004. Production suspension of MG Rover at its Longbridge, England plant in December 2003; Plans of Porsche to double its sales in North America; Joint venture between Mitsubishi Motors and DaimlerChrysler for...
- ROVER REMEMBERED. Gibson, Ken // Auto Express;10/28/2015, Issue 1394, p26
The article discusses the struggle of former factory workers of the failed British automaker MG Rover Group Ltd. It relates how former Rover factory workers Andy and Gemma Cartwright, their colleagues, and families fight for their rights to live for ten years since the closure of Rover factory...
- Slow sales pile on pressure at MG Rover. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News Europe;4/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the financial and managerial challenges facing British automobile manufacturer MG Rover, as of April 2003. Decrease of car sales in Western Europe; Failure of a joint venture with Brilliance China; Dispute with labor unions over a pay increase.