Who's the enemy
- Internet Security Systems Report. // Database & Network Journal;Feb2007, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p26
The article focuses on the findings of the Internet Security Systems Inc. (ISS) 2006 security statistics report. The report indicates that there were 7,247 new security weaknesses recorded and analyzed by the X-Force research and development team. Over 88 percent of the total weaknesses in...
- Be Wary of Microsoft Office Attachments. // Database & Network Journal;Jun2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p24
The article reports that IBM's Internet Security Systems (ISS) X-Force research and development team has provided protection for customers against several serious flaws announced by Microsoft. The most significant Microsoft revelation is a vulnerability it its Exchange Server that can allow...
- DOWNTIME. // Computer Weekly;5/13/2003, p48
Presents news briefs related to the computer industry as of May 13, 2003. Comparison of mobile phone usage by teenagers and people over the age of 30; Hacking of servers of Internet Security Systems Inc. by intruders; Development of Alta-thin screen that can display electronic text by...
- New IP Threat. // Management Services;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p28
Internet Protocol (IP) version 6 (IPv6) is the designated successor for the current IP version 4 and carries several performance and security advantages over earlier versions. Internet Security Systems' (ISS) Dynamic Threat Protection platform is the first and only security platform to provide...
- Internet security increases as Web technology advances. // Caribbean Business;7/5/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p35
Reports the impact of advances in Internet technology on Internet security in Puerto Rico. Need to protect electronic transactions; Role of Internet Security Systems Inc. in electronic commerce security; Focus on European retail business.
- INTERNET SECURITY DEBUTS REALSECURE NETWORK SENSOR/GUARD. // Computer Security Update;May2002, p3
Reports that Atlanta, Georgia-based Internet Security Systems Inc. has introduced RealSecure Network Sensor and RealSecure Guard for security of the computer system. Features of the security software; Pros and cons of the security software; Operational working of the security software.
- ISS software keeps an eye on applications. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;8/19/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p20
Reports on Internet Security Systems' launch of the RealSecure Desktop Protector 3.5 software, which blocks unauthorized applications from invading a system. Software's basis on the BlackIce technology that the company obtained through its acquisition of Network Ice; Remote control of...
- Anti-intrusion group signs up 40 members. Wilson, Matthew; Fitzloff, Emily // InfoWorld;10/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the formation of an alliance to ensure that companies' security products will interoperate with each other. Internet Security Systems Inc.'s intrusion-detection technology; Members of the alliance; Capabilities of the security system.
- No end in sight. Andress, Mandy // InfoWorld;4/22/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p42
Focuses on the report released by Internet Security Systems Inc. on Internet security threats for the early months of 2002. Key focus of the report; Average rate of hybrid threats per hour; Danger posed by automated attack scripts; Approaches that should be taken toward Internet security.