Mind your access
- Case Study. Briggs, Linda L. // Business Intelligence Journal;2008, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p30
The article presents a case study of the desire of the Erlanger, Kentucky police department to improve the skill of officers at retrieving data and making good use of it. A new business intelligence system has been deployed to the department that included integrated search capabilities for easy...
- BI tools scrutinize data from diverse apps. Callaghan, Dennis // eWeek;2/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the announcement of Information Builders Inc. and Sagent Technology Inc. regarding their business intelligence softwares. Advantages of softwares; Features of the software WebFocus 5 developed by Information Builders; Costs of softwares. INSET: Solving the business performance puzzle.
- WebFOCUS for Mainframe Linux. // Software World;Sep2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p22
Reports on Information Builders' release of WebFOCUS for Mainframe Linux, a business intelligence solution for users of Linux. Enabling of customers to securely access and integrate data residing on the Linux operating system and across a number of platforms; Leveraging of robust functionality...
- BI: The Sizzle Of The Data Steak. // Industry Week/IW;Jun2007, Vol. 256 Issue 6, p54
The article focuses on business intelligence (BI) and its software market. According to BI software vendor Information Builders, only 20% of data are accessed by companies and they deliver it to 10% of those who need them thus forcing companies to invest in good business intelligence software....
- Netegrity upgrades Web security. Nelson, Matthew // InfoWorld;09/15/97, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p72
Reports on Netegrity Inc.'s rollout of SiteMinder 2.0, an enhanced Web security management software tool. Integration of SiteMinder Security Manager with SiteMinder Web Agent to deploy secure mission-critical intranet and extranet applications; Authorization of individual users for access to...
- Netegrity beefs up security. Callaghan, Dennis // eWeek;7/15/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p22
Announces the launch of the IdentityMinder and TransactionMinder software by Netegrity Inc. in the U.S. Management of user roles and access rights; Security of applications delivered to customers and partners; Inclusion of a workflow system.
- SiteMinder eases security administration. Nelson, Matthew // InfoWorld;06/08/98, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p62
Features the computer software SiteMinder 3.0 developed by Netegrity Inc. Capabilities; Recommended retail price; Operating system support.
- Netegrity bolsters Web access. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;3/18/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p8
Introduces the Siteminder 5.0 access-control software by Netegrity. Centralization of policy-security management for multiple Web servers; Enforcement of electronic commerce rules in Web-based purchasing; Use of Web-based agents for authentication.
- Packaging Business Smarts. Duvall, Mel // Interactive Week;10/22/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p21
Provides updates on business intelligence software vendors in the U.S. as of October 22, 2001. Business Objects; Information Builders; Siebel Systems.