- At-your-service academy. // Buildings;Jun94, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the opening of the ISS International Service System, Inc.'s ISS Service Academy on April 5, 1994.
- Ambitious cleaner can't sweep up city. Breznick, Alan // Crain's New York Business;9/20/93, Vol. 9 Issue 38, p17
Reports on ISS International Service System Inc. head Henrik Slipsager's plans for his cleaning business. Purchase of ISS rival National Cleaning Group Inc.; Financial incentive due to New York city and state's application of sales tax to cleaning services; ISS's promotion as greenest Mr. Clean...
- Firewalls and security. Gilmer, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Jul2001, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on firewalls and security tools used in computers and networks. Things to consider in protecting a computer or network from a security problem; Pieces of advice about preventing computer viruses; Information on how a firewall can conceal the address of an internal computer.
- Adaptive Cyberdefense for Survival and Intrusion Tolerance. Atighetchi, Michael; Pal, Partha; Webber, Franklin; Schantz, Richard; Jones, Christopher; Loyall, Joseph // IEEE Internet Computing;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p25
While providing some resistance against cyberattacks, current approaches to securing networked and distributed information systems are mainly concerned with static prevention measures. For example, signature-based systems can only detect known attacks and tend to provide brittle, all-or-nothing...
- Technology advances may lead to laws on minimum security levels. Goodwin, Bill // Computer Weekly;4/15/2003, p8
This article reports that the government needs to start planning now for developments in computer technology that will pose new threats to the Great Britain's critical national infrastructure and render existing security systems obsolete. The government may need to introduce new laws to protect...
- APSR. // Network Dictionary;2007, p41
A definition of the term "APSR" is presented. It refers to a network testing tool that can send and receive arbitrary packets. APSR is divided into two main programs, the apsend for creating packets and the aprecv for sniffing packets. Based on the entry, the main objective of the APSR project...
- Business Impact Analysis. // Network Dictionary;2007, p79
A definition of the term "business impact analysis," is presented. In the context of computer security, this method determines the levels of impact that business operations can tolerate resulting from information security disaster. It is required that the impact of network and information...
- HFNetChk. // Network Dictionary;2007, p226
A definition of the term "HFNetChk" is presented. It is a Microsoft tool for keeping security patches up to date on a system.
- Network-Based Intrusion Detection System. // Network Dictionary;2007, p340
A definition of the term "Network-Based Intrusion Detection System" (NIDS) is presented. It refers to an intrusion detection system (IDS) that monitors activity on a network, instead of a particular host.