3G mobile appears
- What Keeps Putting Mobile Video on Hold? Mahmud, Shahnaz // Adweek;10/1/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 35, p10
The article examines why mobile video technology is not generating the revenue that content providers and carriers were hoping for. The article explains that the progress of mobile video technology has been stalled by carrier reluctance, non-existent advertising standards, technical challenges...
- Performance of Video Telephony Services in UMTS using Live Measurements and Network Emulation. Matthias Malkowski; Daniel Claßen // Wireless Personal Communications;Jul2008, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p19
AbstractÂ Â While speech services in mobile communication systems are investigated quite well, video telephony services are relatively novel in this sector. Because of the market penetration of camera equipped mobile phones the video telephony service is expected to become a widely used...
- Orb offers free streaming TV now for revenue opportunities later. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;5/16/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the decision of Orb Networks to deliver mobile television free service in the wireless video market. Support of Cingular for the services of Orb; Use of streaming entertainment in the service; Efforts of the company to build its customer base.
- Working Without a Net. Cringely, Robert X. // InfoWorld;10/4/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p12
This article presents several issues related to the Internet and telecommunication, as of October 2004. Yahoo has published the results of its Internet deprivation study. Subjects who had their Net connections shut off for two weeks became disoriented and unable to look up phone numbers or read...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;6/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p16
Presents news briefs on the U.S. wireless telecommunication industry as of June 1, 2003. Agreement between Siemens Mobile and China Mobile Communications Corp. for the expansion of the latter's mobile networks; Types of services offered by Nationwide Wireless Group; Deployment of WaveRider...
- Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;April 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p2
Reports on developments in the telecommunications industry as of April 2004. Joint venture formed by Siemens Mobile and Huawei Technologies; Anti-trust action filed by Rambus; Partner network agreement signed by Vodafone with LUXGSM.
- SA Mobile Expansion to Address Imbalance. Bridge, Sherilee // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p26
Reports on the licensing of two additional cellular networks in South Africa. Penetration rate of the South African cellular industry; Political and economic imbalances in the region; Companies bidding for the licenses; Expected date of awarding the licenses. INSETS: Venezuela licensing on...
- Content with your mobile billing? Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p8
Discusses a report by the Intec Telecom Systems about the failure of mobile operators to address the problem of content billing and managing third-party content suppliers. Reasons why mobile operators are hesitant to upgrade their billing systems; Issues to consider by mobile operators when...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;8/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p1
Presents news briefs on telecommunications as of August 20, 2001. Information on the mobile telephone Motorola i55sr from Motorola Inc.; Agreement between Extended Systems and iAnywhere Solutions Inc.; Repair of the mobile telephone Digital mova P5031 Hyper by NTT DoCoMo Inc.