Backs to the wall folks
- Newsmakers. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/4/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 36, p26
The article reports on developments related to executives of business enterprises in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Stuart G. Marcus was appointed chairman of oncology at St. Vincent's Medical Center. Philip K. Shaner was appointed director of marketing and sales at marketing firm, Karen Morstad...
- Establishing legal accountability for anonymous communication in cyberspace. Levine, Noah // Columbia Law Review;Oct96, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p1526
Proposes a legal regime to balance the competing goals of assuring anonymity and maintaining legal accountability in computer networks in the United States. Focus on copyright infringement, defamation and criminal acts involving child pornography; Problems created by remailers; Proposed...
- Cybercensors. Carson, Ed // Reason;Jun95, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p15
Reports that the Senate Commerce Committee in the United States has passed a bill to crack down on pornography in computer networks. Implications on the First Amendment Act; Access to sexually explicit materials; Restriction of communication between consenting adults.
- Global Leader of the Future. Wah, Louisa // Management Review;Oct99, Vol. 88 Issue 9, p9
Focuses on a survey of the characteristics of ideal leaders of global companies in the 21st century. How the survey was conducted Andersen Consulting; Comments from Alastair Robertson, an Andersen Consulting partner; Findings of the survey.
- The spin that powers the wheel of fortune. Olins, Rufus // Management Today;Feb2000, p10
Editorial. Comments on the importance of public relations (PR) consultants in the business community in Great Britain. Growth in the power and influence of PR exponents; Monthly fees; Need for managers to have the right public profile in business as in politics.
- Tech consultants keeping it together. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;10/13/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p13
Resilient planning and a Monday morning ritual have helped the three fraternity buddies who founded Schaumburg, Illinois-based consulting firm Greenbrier& Russel Inc; keep their business and friendship intact across two decades and three recessions. No matter how busy their schedules, Greenbrier...
- Can't raise cash? For ex-Tiffany exec, nonprofits are no problem. Genn, Adina // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/28/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p23A
Reports developments related to startup business enterprises in Long Island, New York. Establishment of the fund raising company for nonprofits called Strategic Fundraising; Company background; Career of on-call administrative assistant Nichole Fulciniti.
- BRIEFCASE. Loveless, Andy // People Management;6/12/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p49
The article recommends an in-house academy that is joined-up and integrated with the organisation and able to meet the needs of the company's managers. It highlights some perceived barriers to an in-house academy. It discusses the costs of employing consultants across the business. The benefit...
- Anatomy of an Executive Consultation: Three Perspectives. Winum, Paul C. // Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice & Research;Spring1995, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p114
Presents a case study of a consulting process involving a consulting psychologist and two executives of the U.S. division of an international retailing company. Method for this case study; Components of the consulting process; Outcome of the consultation process.