UK organisations give Christmas the cold turkey
- By the Numbers. // Workforce;Dec2015, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p11
Statistics are given regarding Christmas and companies including average bonus in terms of monetary, gift and cards; percentage of companies holding office parties; and custom-building of one-horse open sleigh.
- Bonus points. Nickson, Sue // Financial Management;Dec2000, p08
Focuses on the perception of employers that they can award or withhold staff bonus payments at their discretion. Legal issues on discretionary awarding of bonus; Court case on dismissal compensation; Lessons learned by employers on bonus payments.
- Do the right thing. Jeffcott, Robin; Peyton, Dan // Employers Law;Dec2006, p20
The article offers suggestions on reducing the risk of bonus disputes in a company. The way the bonus scheme is applied in practice is the key factor in determining whether custom and practice confers a contractual entitlement. The author suggests that the employers should include all relevant...
- State again to consider mandating paid family leave. Soule, Alexander // Westchester County Business Journal;1/26/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p37
The article reports on the move of the U.S. federal government to enact changes to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), with a mix of concession to employees and businesses. The government has also expanded the FMLA for people with family members on active military. The government clarified...
- AGAINST THE CURRENT. McKinnon, David // Smart Business Detroit;Jul2012, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p7
The article encourages companies to inspire and engage its employees to strengthen the appreciation of their value in the company. It mentions ways to show a company's commitment to its workforce which include programs that allow team members to give their insights on how to improve morale,...
- Executive compensation and earnings management: Empirical evidence from Japan. Shuto, Akinobu // Journal of International Accounting, Auditing & Taxation;2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Abstract: This study investigates the relation between discretionary accounting choices and executive compensation in Japanese firms. The results show that the use of discretionary accruals increases executive compensation. The analyses also show that firm managers receiving no bonus adopt...
- Figuring Incentive Plans' ROI. Sammer, Joanne // HR Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p83
This article offers ideas for companies in determining the incentive plan's return on investment (ROI). First, sales increase for a given period since the plan took effect must be calculated. Then, knowing the sales increase attributable to the incentive plan, the bank can calculate the ROI for...
- How To Improve Incentive Bonus Schemes. Turton, D.C. // Industrial Management;Nov64, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p7
Discusses the method to improve incentive bonus schemes of companies. Basic principles governing incentive schemes; Formula use to calculate standard time of work; Need for companies to instill an element of pride in its personnel and customers.
- SNAPSHOT. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p11
The article presents information on the findings of a survey related to the volunteer activities and bonus in small businesses in the United States. 47% of small business owners believe they will hand out bonuses in 2006. 55% of owners plan to give the give of time off in 2006. 26% owners will...