The Good Retirement Guide
- Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained. Hall, Terry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p5
Comments the role of government-funded venture capital in assistance of new companies in New Zealand. Example of the plight of Development Finance Corp.; Availability of initiatives for new business; Test of marketable concepts with growth potential.
- Venture capitalists pump millions into counties' start-ups. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/96, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p15
Reports on the availability of venture capital funds for start-up companies in the state of New York. Amount appropriated for technology-based companies; Amount of venture capital funding for communications industry; Software and information industry funding.
- The new smart money. Moriarty, George // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/99, Vol. 65 Issue 46, p16
Highlights the emergence of partnerships between corporate venture capital investors and start-up entrepreneurs. Corporate investors' commitment to venture capital; Soaring of flow of money from corporations and affiliated venture groups. INSET: Another record year for venture capital, but can...
- ASSESSING THE Commercial Viability OF NEW VENTURES. Astebro, Thomas // Canadian Investment Review;Spring2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p18
Assesses the commercial viability of venture capital firms in Canada. Explanation for the industry's lack of interest to invest in start-ups; Characteristics of venture capitals; Decision-making methods critical in the venture capital industry.
- Virtues of Venture Capital. Eckert, John // Canadian Investment Review;Spring2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p52
Deals with the value of venture capital and its status in Canada as of 2003. Growth of the Canadian venture capital industry; Reasons for the low level of institutional commitment in the country; Increase in world-class venture opportunities in Canada.
- Start-ups vie for venture capital. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;08/04/97, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p1
Reports on concerns about the shortage of venture capital for start-up businesses in Arizona. Technology revenues annually generated by the University of Arizona; Venture funding for Ventana Medical Systems and PID.
- A promise of wealth. Nerney, Chris // Network World;12/28/98, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p29
Looks at the benefits and risks of getting venture capital to finance start-ups in the United States. United States companies that have experienced the benefits and risks offered by venture capital; Selection of the right venture capitalist; Prime sources of venture funds; Ways to avoid the...
- Do Foreign and Domestic Venture Capital Firms Differ in Their Monitoring of Investees? // Asia Pacific Journal of Management;Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p177
Examines whether foreign and domestic venture capital firms differ in their monitoring of investees. Development of venture capital markets in Asia; Need for high levels of monitoring by new entrepreneurial businesses.
- Start-ups, venture capital anemic in Indiana. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/27/96, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p3B
Cites a DRI/McGraw-Hill report entitled `Indiana Business Climate Blueprint,' which emphasizes the poor performance of Indiana in terms of producing startup businesses and attracting venture capital investments. Suggests reform of Indiana's education system to solve the problem; Firms formed...