There's a Fine Line Between Self-Service and Self-Serving
- Bank-wide webs: the intranets. Smith, Michael // Canadian Banker;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p31
Focuses on the use of bank's intranets in Canada to deliver employee information. Description of the intranet; Examples of its use in banks; Forecasts for intranets.
- Portal combat. McKenna, Ian // Corporate Adviser;Jun2009, p16
The article focuses on the author's views of the importance of the development of web portals for employee benefits. The author mentions a service by Staffcare in Great Britain which is in essence a benefits portal for reward communications for the benefit of both employer and corporate adviser....
- The launch of Scottish Life's Works4You. Belcher, Viv // Money Marketing;1/22/2004, p80
Comments on the launch of Scottish Life's Works4You, a full HR Intranet site free to all new group money-purchase schemes. Ability of staff to access all their benefits and non-insured benefits online; Scottish Life's provision of the full service for free; Ability of independent financial...
- Intranet training tools get a road test. Wilkinson, Stephanie // PC Week;02/02/98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p35
Looks at the intranet training strategy developed by Chrysler Financial Corp., a subsidiary of Chrysler Corp. The use of Interactive Learning International Corp.'s LearnLinc I-Net 2.0 electronic classroom tool; Eliminating employee manuals through the use of the intranet; Accurate and...
- Inside job. // HRMagazine;Jan97, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p64
Deals with the use of intranets in the business industry. Role in the communications systems; How to avoid problems in using intranet.
- The intranet pipeline. Adams, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;03/20/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 5, p56
Focuses on the integration of intranet networks in hotels in the United States. Intranet networks as tool to provide information accessibility among hotel employees; Impact of intranet networks on the hotel sales and marketing management; Incorporation of sales and marketing communication...
- Document Management Offers Security and Order for Intranet Information. Duff, Bruce // IIE Solutions;Dec96, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p28
Discusses information about document management. How a document can be considered business critical; Needs of three user groups which a successful business-critical information delivery system has to meet; Requirements needed by a document producers; Benefits offered by document management...
- Metadata for a corporate intranet. Doran, Kelly // Online;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p42
Deals with the `Intranet Service Bureau,' a pilot project sponsored by the Weyerhaeuser Library which set standards, create infrastructure and discover what kinds of intranet support were needed by Weyerhaeuser employees. Information on the `Web Style Guide,' a best practice for creating...
- Minimal intranets for libraries. Notess, Greg R. // Online;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p74
Presents information on several minimal intranets for libraries. Reason for creating an intranet; How to create a personal intranet; Section of a local server; Security options; Image processing restrictions.