Will Your Culture Support KM?
- Who Owns Knowledge Management Within Your Federal Agency? Georgieff, Marion // Public Manager;Fall2013, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses the ownership of knowledge management (KM) within the U.S. federal agency. It notes the use of KM Begets rule to identify the authorized and strongest KM ownership and such distinction was extended to the Office of Personnel Management. Survey shows KM practitioners stand...
- Why Golfers Sail But Engineers Sink. Angus, Jeff // Knowledge Management;Apr2001, p16
Focuses on the binary thinking technique in dealing with knowledge projects in businesses in the United States. Prevalence of binary thinking traits; Company departments afflicted with binary patterns; Disadvantage of the technique; Approaches of binary thinkers in solving a problem.
- Manage your company knowledge-a primer. Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p60
Focuses on the market for knowledgebases on industrial management in the U.S. Aims of knowledgebases; Analysis of the potentials of internal knowledgebases; Importance of knowledge management.
- Fundamentals Keep the Converting Industry Strong. Bentley Jr., David J. // Paper, Film & Foil Converter;Jan2002, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p16
Discusses the factors which influence the stability of the U.S. converting and flexible packaging industries. Recommendations for the operations of the packaging business; Importance of assessing employee performance.
- Alternative staffing can break up business bureaucracy. Lintner, Michael J. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/31/95, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p23
Reports on a growing trend in business management wherein companies use alternative staffing options, including employee outsourcing. Goal of managers to create maximum flexibility in staffing; Benefits of outsourcing; Impact of reorganization on company operations; Elimination of personnel...
- Change requires reengineering. Verespej, Michael A. // Industry Week/IW;6/20/94, Vol. 243 Issue 12, p42
Discusses the demand for change in the management of knowledge workers. Need for the reengineering of management organizations; Changes for workforce productivity; Reinvention of management; Redesigning of works and processes; Shift in business and industrial organizations.
- Creating a workplace where diversity flourishes. Lester, Joan Steinau // Executive Female (0199-2880);May/Jun95, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p11
Presents management guidelines for creating a workplace where differences are seen as assets. Fostering employee awareness towards diversity; Dealing with stereotypes and biases; Acting as an ally with targets of unfair treatment; Women's support for one another. INSETS: Who fits best in your...
- Getting employees to think like PR people. Wallace, Judi Lawson // Public Relations Tactics;Oct95, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p5
Focuses on the need for companies in the United States to develop a good line of communication with its employees. Importance of conducting an employee relations and communications audit; Employees as the best goodwill ambassadors for a company; Possible negative impact of poor relations with...
- 360-degree popularity performance programs are rich with problems for everyone. Lewis, Bob // InfoWorld;10/02/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p44
Deals with several industrial management and professional career issues in the United States. Categories of companies; Information on the so-called 360-degree feedback program; Impact of the program on employee performance reviews; Role of managers in industrial management.