How to Make KM a Reality
- Are we over complicating knowledge management? // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;May99, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p8
Offers information on knowledge-management. Comment from Robert Taylor of KPMG Consulting company; Significance of knowledge-management on business enterprises; Steps in the management technique.
- Knowledge management. Knapp, Ellen M. // Business & Economic Review;Jul-Sep98, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p3
Discusses how managing knowledge can help companies gain a competitive advantage. Definition of knowledge management; Why organizations want to invest in knowledge management; Examples of knowledge management at work in organizations.
- GATHERING KNOWLEDGE WHILE IT'S RIPE. Eisenhart, Mary // Knowledge Management;Apr2001, p48
Focuses on the knowledge management strategy of businesses. Goals of knowledge management; Importance of knowledge harvesting; Identification of target audience; Creation of application to support human resources strategy; Limitation of the knowledge harvesting process. INSETS: Are You Ready?...
- KM is not always a field of dreams. Barnes, Bob // Knowledge Management;Dec2001/Jan2002, p8
Offers tips and advice to companies when considering knowledge management (KM). Reasons why companies need a KM solution; Accompanying culture change when implementing knowledge management strategies.
- How to recession-proof your organisation. Macaskill, Carol // Knowledge Management;Dec2001/Jan2002, p18
Describes knowledge management (KM) as a valuable means of improving the efficiency and responsiveness of the business and improving its ability to survive and prosper in a competitive commercial environment. Benefits of effective deployment of KM tools and processes; Implementation of a...
- The survival of the smartest. Clark, Harry // Knowledge Management;Dec2001/Jan2002, p28
Describes how to successfully position and apply knowledge management (KM) within an organization. Importance of KM to commercial success; Strategies to achieve successful KM; Management of corporate values and culture. INSET: How do we make the change happen?.
- Knowledge Management: Fad or Need? Lev, Baruch // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p9
Provides information on knowledge management. Examples of knowledge assets; Information on several knowledge management tasks and solutions; Factors that can lead to successful management of knowledge assets.
- Creating a reserve from Knowledge assets. Kirkwood, Dirk // Knowledge Management;Nov2002, p8
Discusses the application of knowledge assets within knowledge management systems. Returns from the implementation of knowledge assets; Ways in which knowledge assets provide benefits to business organizations; Determination of return on knowledge.
- Understanding Knowledge. Sime, Donald R. // Business Forum;Fall89, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p61
Discusses the need for organizations to be expert in acquiring, developing and using knowledge in order to ensure success in the knowledge age. Usable knowledge acquired from a complex learning process; Differences between intuitive knowledge and analytical knowledge; Importance of the...