Why Employees Stay--or Go
- Retaining employees: The new rules. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p123
Offers advice on retaining employees. Means of compensating employees; Disadvantages of using counter offers.
- Quality Hires. Salzwedel, David // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p13
Advises executives on hiring the best job applicants. Use of an automated assessment tools; Asking of candidates to write a one-page report on some aspect of a certain business or industry that will force them to do some research.
- HOT Training. Sisson, Gary R. // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p15
Discusses the procedures of implementing successful hands-on training for employees. Reviewing of notes for inexperienced person; Introduction of the subject and discussion of its importance; Evaluation of the performance of the employees during the training.
- Loyal Employees or the Revolving Door? Weiss, Joyce // Executive Excellence;Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p17
Offers suggestions on how managers can keep loyal employees. Importance of communication; Use of positive works and constructive feedback; Awards system.
- Retaining People. Kaye, Beverly // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p9
Enumerates personnel management strategies for retaining good employees according to the author's book `Love 'Em or Lose 'Em,'. Importance of asking what prompted employees to quit; Questions to consider in personnel management rules; Examination of whether a business supports the career growth...
- Becoming a Talent Magnet. Lee, David // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p10
Present personnel management strategies to help businesses attract talented employees. Improvement of the quality of internal operations; Assessment of how well a company's management team treats employees; Importance of assessing a company's ability to satisfy the needs of internal customers.
- Is Loyalty Dead? Sheppard, Don // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p17
Focuses on personnel management strategies recommended to boost employee loyalty. Implementation of internal communications that help employees understand what the company is doing for them; Importance of connecting employee loyalty to such issues as marketing, recruiting, community relations...
- Motivation Strategy. Stern, Gerry; Borcia, Yvette // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on personnel management strategies to motivate employees. Recognition of business scenarios that erode motivation; Suggestion to implement economic rewards to motivate employees; Offering of opportunities for career growth.
- Retaining Top Talent. Zingheim, Patricia K. // Executive Excellence;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Provides six principles in developing a reward system to enhance employee performance. Creation of a positive and natural reward incentive; Alignment of rewards with business goals to create a win-win partnership; Recognition of individual ongoing value with base pay.
- Feeding Monkeys. Oncken III, William // Executive Excellence;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p18
Advises managers on how to handle employees who are unable to solve their own work problems or employees who have monkeys on their backs. Assertion that monkeys should be fed face to face whenever possible; Description of an employee who has a monkey on his back; Examples of effective dialogues...