Don't Forget the Emotional Stakes
- The keys to avoiding sexual harassment liability ... a ten step response to the new workplace rules. Abel, Ashley B.; Claxton, Lisa R. // South Carolina Business Journal;Dec98, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p6
Provides tips for avoiding sexual harassment liability. Review of sexual harassment and anti-retaliation policy; Accountability of supervisors for compliance with sexual harassment and anti-retaliation policy; Training on sexual harassment prevention; Distribution and redistribution of sexual...
- Want to avoid workplace sexual harassment? Learn the meaning of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Cohn, Carole; Mozenter, Andy // Supervision;Mar94, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the importance of establishing mutual respect among a diversity of co-workers to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace. Sexual harassment as abuse of power; Variation of the definition of respectful behavior from person to person; Tips for establishing mutual respect.
- What to do when sexual harassment comes calling. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Jul95, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p42
Provides suggestions on how to limit third party sexual harassment at work. Need for a company policy against sexual harassment; Reinforcement of the policy by training employees about sexual harassment; Company's liability in sexual harassment cases. INSETS: Avoiding sexual-harassment...
- Sexual harassment cases can be avoided. Tinnin Jr., Robert P. // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep98, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p54
Offers advice on how employers can prevent sexual harassment cases based on labor laws in the United States. Qualifications of a sexual harassment case; Liability exposure of employers from the acts of supervisors; Defense arguments for employers; Court ruling on responsibility of employees in...
- Where are we now? Segal, Jonathan A. // HRMagazine;Oct96, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p69
Offers advice for business enterprises on how to prevent sexual harassment from occurring in the workplace. Development of policy statements; Employee education; Setting of rules against dating; Restructuring of job descriptions; Liability insurance for harassment claims; Creation of...
- Relearning relationships. Harris, Gloria G.; Tansey, David A. // HR Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p116
Discusses how diversion programs providing individualized training and counseling can help show sexual harassers the error of their ways. Origin of the diversion approach; Elements of a diversion program; Importance of keeping an open mind when resolving sexual harassment complaints.
- Sexual Harassment And the Three Big Surprises. Janove, Jathan W. // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p123
Discusses the significance of the establishment of guidelines in the workplace to avoid sexual harassment lawsuits. Circumstances of sexual harassment lawsuits in the workplace; Characteristics of people who sue for sexual harassment; Attitude of victims of sexual harassment; Description of...
- How employers can reduce sexual harassment claims. Horner, Stephen P. // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p18
Presents advice on the reduction of workplace sexual harassment claims to employers. Sex harassment as a growing problem in the workplace; Sex harassment according to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission; Announcement of anti-sex harassment policy to employees; Employee training on the...
- Sexual harassment not a thing of the past. Stewart, Bonnie // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p4
Provides information on the prevention of sexual harassment in the workplace. Provision of training programs for supervisors and employees; Implementation of anti-harassment policies; Detection of unwelcome sexual advances.