After Everything Else--Buy Insurance
- Employment practices policies cover costs in employees suits. Genasci, Lisa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 6 Issue 24, FOCUS Magazine p8
Focuses on employment practices policies in the United States. Growing number of large settlements in workplace disputes; Employment Practices Liability; Demand for this type of insurance; Cost for employment-related cases; Limitations of the insurance.
- Extra insurance. Trexler, Stephen H. // HRMagazine;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p128
Discusses the importance of employment practices liability (EPL) insurance policies to protect business enterprises against claims of negligence. Coverage of EPL policies; EPL premium components; Annual premium costs; Exclusions for willful acts.
- EPLI: Premium protection against employee lawsuits. Shanoff, Barry S. // World Wastes;Feb98, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the growing popularity of employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) among small businesses. Wrongful acts covered by EPLI policies; Costs; Number of insurance companies offering such types of policies as of February 119998.
- ADA/illegal discrimination...coverage for exposures. Mangan, Joseph F. // Insurance Advocate;02/08/97, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p12
Explains the coverages provided by employment practices liability insurance (EPLI). Case of a Michigan truck driver who sued his employer for an alleged violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act; Difference between discrimination in employment practices and other potential sources of...
- Employment-related liability claims on the rise. Pasher, Victoria Sonshi // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/27/95, Vol. 99 Issue 48, p25
Focuses on employment-related liability claims as discussed during an education session held at the Professional Insurance Wholesalers Association of New York State's 1995 convention. Factors in the creation of employment-related liability insurance, including the Americans with Disabilities Act...
- Compensation package design a tricky task. Turnell, Roy L. // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/08/96, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p15
Looks at the designing of a compensation package for employees by small businesses. Concept of compensation strategy; Critical factors to consider; Details of these; How stock ownership can be a powerful motivator.
- Employment practices ins. termed real advance. Gilbert, Evelyn // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/11/94, Vol. 98 Issue 28, p27
Focuses on the employment practices insurance in the United States. Increase in number of statutes employers must comply with; Examples of employee rights laws.
- Employers' insurance cover. // Accountancy;Sep95, Vol. 116 Issue 1225, p108
Reports on the British government's plan to consult with interested parties on possible changes to the law on employers' liability insurance as part of the review of existing legislation.
- Big-dollar lawsuits have employers scrambling for liability coverage. Lamford, Brent // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/11/98, Vol. 18 Issue 45, p21
Reports on the increase in the number of employers who turn to employment practice liability (EPL) insurance. Factors accounting for the popularity of EPL insurance; Company costs for the defense its employment practice.
- Is employment policy liability insurance against public policy? Goldstein, Steven R.; Stein, Amy R. // CPCU Journal;Fall98, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p138
Examines cases that look at the public policy issues as they relate to commercial general liability insurance in the employment context. Key factors to consider in purchasing employment practices liability insurance; Public policy issues relating to insurance coverage for employment claims;...