How Do You Deal with Information Overload?
- Information technology. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p74
Lists several developments in information technology in New Zealand as of October 1997. Includes global bulk purchase and standardization with Dell; Object orientation with Jobal Cashbook; Neural computing; Alliance between Apple and Microsoft.
- Sharing information. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Workforce;Mar98 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 77, p12
Discusses trends in information technology. Utilization of technology options to increase workforce efficiency; Global companies' development of Internet sites and corporate intranets; Advantages of a technological infrastructure; Description of Viacom International Inc.'s technological...
- The conference corner. Felice, Don // Conference Analysis;10/03/97, Vol. 4 Issue 413, p10
Focuses on the changes in the information technology industry. Change as the common topic in any conference on any segment of the industry; Changes encountered in the industry by Stan Regula who once worked at the company that produced the UNIVAC computer.
- GO EAST, YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR. Das, Santanu // Siliconindia;Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p28
Describes the cultural differences between the East and West Coasts and their roles in deciding on where to startup an information technology company. Objective of Transwitch Corp. in staying out of Silicon Valley; Difference of East and West Coast Indians; Effects of focusing on the...
- Information technology in real-time for monitoring and managing natural disasters Alexander, David // Progress in Physical Geography;Sep1991, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p238
No abstract available.
- Rough surfing for IT. Jason, Pini // African Business;Nov96, Issue 215, p25
Reports on the state of the information technology (IT) industry of Nigeria. Decrease in the prices of computers; Proliferation of mobile phones and pagers; Hesitance of the Nigerian government on the growth of Internet and the International Mobile Satellite (IMARSAT) organization; Status of...
- Eritrea hooks up on IT. Street, Jennie // African Business;Apr98, Issue 231, p24
Focuses on Eritrea's efforts to cope with developments in information technology (IT). Annual rate of introduction of computers into the country; Establishment of the Eritrean Information Systems Agency (EISA); Communications engineer Menghis Samuel's return to the country to develop Ewan...
- Re-engineering the learning process with information technology. Sliwa, Steven // Academe;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p8
Discusses the importance of information technology in reengineering the learning process. Expectations on information technology; Evolution of teacher's role; Absence of a single technology that fits all education situations; Impact of electronic document storage and retrieval on campus...
- Liability grows with technology. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;01/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the effects of technological changes by information technology companies in the United States. Identification of issues concerning the sector; Details on a seminar attended by members of Chubb and Son Incorporated's Technology Insurance Group.
- The 1990s: The information decade. McFarlan, F. Warren // Business Quarterly;Summer90, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p73
Discusses the uses of information technology. Characteristics of strategic systems; Causes of system failure.