- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2006, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p115
The article introduces several fire trucks or engines in the U.S. including the Danko unit, SVI trucks, and Ferrara pumpers. The Fort Campbell, Kentucky Fire Department used the Danko unit to protect the wooden area at the rear. League City, Texas Fire Department's SVI trucks are rescue units...
- SPECIAL ORDER. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p62
Discusses specifications of vehicles used in fire departments. Advantages of utility vehicles; Mobile rehabilitation units; Foam tenders that can provide sustained flows of foam; Mobile-ventilation units.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p130
Features several fire vehicles used by different fire departments for fire fighting in the U.S. Design of the RESCUE 1 unit vehicle of Hastings Fire Rescue; Use of Marion Body in the Grisworld Fire Department; Description of the Pierce platform quint owned by the Fuquay-Varina Fire Department.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p226
The article evaluates several fire trucks designed and used by several fire departments in the U.S. The Merseilles Fire Department designs its Alexis pumper. Saint Lawrence Fire Department uses its Rosenbauer rescue truck. Northfolk Fire Department designs its E-one pumper.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p128
The article provides information on several fire fighting equipment used at various fire departments in the U.S. They include the Smeal pumper truck of the Plainview Rural Fire Protection District in Nebraska, the Pierce rescue pumper of the Junction City Fire Department in Kansas and the E-One...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2009, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p153
The article provides information on several fire fighting equipment used at various fire departments in the U.S. They include the Ferrara quint of the Bayou Cane Fire Protection District in Houma, Louisiana, the Danko quick-unit of the Johnson County Fire Control District in Buffalo, Wyoming and...
- A Dedication of Twins. Hewitt, Joel // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p59
The article reports on the fire trucks received by the Moorhead Fire Department in Minnesota. The department's staff scheduled an event to give rides on the new trucks to all people who will attend to their dedication. Fire chief Joel Hewitt expresses his appreciation to the city council and...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p140
Features fire trucks of various fire departments in the United States. Frankfort Fire/EMS' Danko vehicle; SUTPHEN pumper from Springfield Fire Co.; Mead Fire Rescue Department's SMEAL rescue pumper; Crooked River Ranch Rural Fire Protection District's Red Diamond tanker.
- APPARATUS BODY MODEL. Gunuskey, Keith // Fire Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p184
Focuses on the development of a model for an apparatus compartmentation by the fire companies in the U.S. Design of the frame of the compartments according to the specifications; Changes made by the body model; Success of the design.