Firefighter Safety Makes Its Mark
- Fire Extinguisher flaming Training. // Professional Safety;May2006, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p59
The article evaluates the TUTOR training simulator from Draeger Safety systems and offers informations on its specifications and features.
- What You Don't Know Can Hurt You. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/ 1/2011, p3
The article offers the author's insights on the things to consider when purchasing new fire protection and extinction equipment. The author relates the situation in one fire department that purchased foam-equipped apparatus without training for its operation. She mentions some of the pointers to...
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER TRAINING. Yadav, Jyoti Sanjay // Golden Research Thoughts;Jul2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
A fire extinguisher, flame extinguisher, or simply an extinguisher, is an active fire protection device used to extinguish or control small fires, often in emergency situations. It is not intended for use on an out-of-control fire, such as one which has reached the ceiling, endangers the user...
- Minnesota fire department to continue international relationship. Dostal, Jeremy // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the Fire Department of Dodge Center, Minnesota will continue its relationship with the International Fire Relief Missions (IFRM), which assists emergency service agencies in developing countries by providing them with donated equipment and training individuals on the...
- COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p3
Presents computer and communication products for the firefighting industry. ACU-T interoperaility system for tactical applications; VR778 Linux-based digital voice logging and archiving system; Legacy speaker microphone; Commander Series wearable and portable communications systems.
- SCBA/PROTECTIVE CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p5
Presents several firefighting protective clothing and equipment. Eagle HTC line of high-temperature carbon-blend hoods; Modular Liner System; Salamnader Technologies Inc.'s Fire-Trax CE; Quest Technologies' AQ5000Pro handheld indoor air quality monitor; Fol-da-tank's tarpaulins.
- Compressed Air Foam Systems. Matarese, Leonard; Wieczorek, Thomas // Public Management (00333611);Aug2011, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p7
The article focuses on the significance of compressed air foam systems (CAFS) in fire prevention in the U.S. It notes that CAFS is essentially a method effective in fire fighting and has reported to reduce fire knockdown time by up to 78 percent while keeping firefighters at dangerous operating...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p126
The article introduces several fire services and equipment including Gasalertmicroclip, the toughest, smallest and lowest priced multigas detector from BW Technologies, Ramfan's EV400 16-inch variable speed turbo blower, RAE Systems' Arearae gamma monitor and new Drager Pac 7000 single gas...
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Jan2006, Vol. 159 Issue 1, p213
The article presents a comparison of fire safety equipment including products from Draeger Safety Inc., Safety Systems, RAE Systems, J. Neils Enterprises, Smart Energy Solutions and Viking Life-Saving Equipment and offers information on their design, size and tips on how to use them.