Together, Not Alone
- TACTICS: THE LIMITING/ ENHANCING FACTOR FOR STRATEGIC DECISIONS. Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p134
Presents views and insights on the tactics of limiting or enhancing factor for strategic decisions in fire prevention in the U.S. Thoughts on the changes of tactics and strategies in fire prevention; Assessment of the current tactics by fire fighters in fire prevention.
- National Fallen Firefighters Foundation offers line-of-duty death training program. // Fire Engineering;May2000, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p42
Reports that the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation in the United States offers line-of-duty death training program. Aim of helping senior fire officials deal with line-of-duty deaths; Funding for the program.
- Hurricane Charlie destroys firefighters' homes. // Fire Engineering;Oct2004, Vol. 157 Issue 10, p48
Reports on the fund established to help firefighters and their families affected by Hurricane Charlie in Florida. Contact information.
- Tom's Trumpet. Brace, Tom // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p46
The article presents the author's views on the adoption of the Fire Code in Minnesota. He says that while the Fire Code is adopted at the state level, the reality is that much of the actual code enforcement occurs at the local level. He cites that this is because the level of fire protection...
- Building a Landscape-Level Prescribed Fire Program. Ferguson, Joseph P. // Fire Management Today;Summer2005, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p16
Presents guidelines for the successful management of fires in the United States. Importance of breaking the suppression attitude among fire management officers; Consideration of the whole ecosystem in fire management; Inclusion of the entire workforce in fire management.
- Be Fire Safe! // Scholastic DynaMath;Oct2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p3
Reports that October is the National Fire Safety Month in the U.S. Importance for the firefighter to know how to take the heart beat of a fire victim.
- Blaze a Path Into Firefighting. Byrne, Paul // Career World;Sep2009, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on pursuing a career in firefighting. It outlines the annual earnings of the average fulltime firefighter in the U.S. It discusses the physically demanding test for firefighting candidates and the hands-on training provided to hired firefighters. A description of the tasks of...
- WHY IS SAFETY SUCH A PROBLEM? Terwilliger, Michael S. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p120
Focuses on the problems encountered by firemen in maintaining safety during the course of fire extinction. Reasons for the occurrence of failed mission of fire prevention; Impact of emotional rush on safety; Comparison on the response of an elected official between firefighter fatality and...
- ENHANCING FIREFIGHTER SAFETY THROUGH CONTINUOUS PHYSIOLOGIC SURVEILLANCE. Derchak, P. Alexander; Mendenhall, Darrell // Fire Engineering;May2005, Vol. 158 Issue 5, p126
This article focuses on possible solutions to address the risk and potentially reduce the number of injuries and deaths of fire fighters. The risk of heart attack increases as the firefighter population ages. In 2004, the National Volunteer Fire Council launched its Heart Healthy Firefighter...