- SPECIAL ORDER. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Oct2005, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p62
Discusses specifications of vehicles used in fire departments. Advantages of utility vehicles; Mobile rehabilitation units; Foam tenders that can provide sustained flows of foam; Mobile-ventilation units.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;May2004, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p140
Features several fire trucks. Superior pumper; General Safety/Metz quint with a rear steering tag axle; Ferrara fire apparatus, a pumper and a quint; SVI rescue truck.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p130
Features several fire vehicles used by different fire departments for fire fighting in the U.S. Design of the RESCUE 1 unit vehicle of Hastings Fire Rescue; Use of Marion Body in the Grisworld Fire Department; Description of the Pierce platform quint owned by the Fuquay-Varina Fire Department.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2006, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p115
The article introduces several fire trucks or engines in the U.S. including the Danko unit, SVI trucks, and Ferrara pumpers. The Fort Campbell, Kentucky Fire Department used the Danko unit to protect the wooden area at the rear. League City, Texas Fire Department's SVI trucks are rescue units...
- Liquid Assets. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Oct2006, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p110
The article discusses the developments of the use of tankers and other water supply equipment in fire service in the U.S. Several trends in the 1960s and 1970s resulted to a major change in the design and use of water supply equipment. The quest to maximize water supplies with tanker shuttles...
- Marshalled Forces. Rielage, Robert R. // Fire Chief;Jun2003, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p54
Reports on Ohio's statewide fire-rescue response plan and its acquisition of a major incident response vehicle. Interoperability options; Compilation of list of investigative equipment; Interoperable radio communications issue; Donations to the project.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p226
The article evaluates several fire trucks designed and used by several fire departments in the U.S. The Merseilles Fire Department designs its Alexis pumper. Saint Lawrence Fire Department uses its Rosenbauer rescue truck. Northfolk Fire Department designs its E-one pumper.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p128
The article provides information on several fire fighting equipment used at various fire departments in the U.S. They include the Smeal pumper truck of the Plainview Rural Fire Protection District in Nebraska, the Pierce rescue pumper of the Junction City Fire Department in Kansas and the E-One...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2009, Vol. 162 Issue 3, p153
The article provides information on several fire fighting equipment used at various fire departments in the U.S. They include the Ferrara quint of the Bayou Cane Fire Protection District in Houma, Louisiana, the Danko quick-unit of the Johnson County Fire Control District in Buffalo, Wyoming and...