USFA: High-Rise Fires Deadly to Elderly
- News in Brief. // Fire Engineering;Apr2001, Vol. 154 Issue 4, p54
Presents developments related to the United States fire fighting service as of April 2001. Development of criteria by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the U.S. Fire Administration for evaluating grant proposals; Appointment of Senator Paul Sarbanes as chairman of the Congressional...
- Building a fire safe America: The campaign for a stronger USFA. // Fire Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p69
Cites facts and documentation regarding the steady erosion of the United States' Federal Fire Programs under the leadership of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Campaign for a stronger US Fire Administration (USFA); Average fire death rate by country; FEMA funding; Budget request;...
- USFA changes Executive Fire Officer Program curriculum. // Fire Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p28
Reports on the changes in the curriculum of the Executive Fire Officer (EFO) Program made by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and U.S. Fire Administration. Reasons for changes; Courses offered by the EFO program.
- FEMA, USFA, president comment on deadly Yarnell Hill Fire. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/ 1/2013, p2
The article reports on a statement given by Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator Craig Fugate to the families of the wildland firefighters lost at the Yarnell Hill Fire in Prescott, Arizona. The U.S. Fire Administration is said to be in close coordination with the...
- FEMA FY2001 grant program update. // Fire Engineering;May2001, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency's interim final rule on the fiscal year 2001 $100 million fire service department program. Posting of the rule in the Federal Register in March 21, 2001; Complete application package for the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program.
- 10th round of grants totals more than $35M. // Fire Chief;Jan2003, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the 10th round of U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency and Fire Administration's 2002 Assistance to Firefighter Grant awards. Estimated fire departments that will receive the grant; Funding level for fire departments; Efforts to increase the effectiveness of firefighting operations.
- We're watching. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Jun98, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p1
Opinion. Discusses the efforts of Federal Emergency Management Agency Director James Lee Witt to address the issues confronting the US Fire Administration and the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Complaints against the federal government's abuse of Federal Fire Programs; Meeting...
- FEMS/USFA completes final round of grants. // Fire Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p38
Reports the final round of grants awarded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the United States Fire Administration under the Assistance to Firefighters Grants Program. Uses of the grants; Resilience of fire fighters during the aftermath of the terrorist attacks; List of grant...
- FEMA names new NFA board members. // Fire Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p30
Reports the announcement of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) of the names of the members of the US Fire Administration's National Fire Academy (NFA) Board of Visitors. Appointment of Billy Frost, Donald Oliver and Neil Svetanics to the board; Reappointment of other board members;...