Best Audiobooks of 2003: AudioFile Magazine
- Planning a long car trip? // Reading Teacher;May2004, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p795
Announces the release of the audiobook "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" with Jim Dale as the narrator. Number of copies of the initial release; Effort of Dale to create voices for several characters in the series which led him to receive many awards.
- AAP: Religious Books Gain, E- Books Continue Rise In September. // Book Publishing Report;11/22/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p5
Reports on the sales of several category of books in the U.S. for September 2004. Rise in the sales of religious titles and electronic books; Citation of the success of the release of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"; Loss of gross sales for the adult hardcover segment; Indication of...
- Random Lands 'Phoenix' Rights. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;3/24/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the announcement of U.S. Listening Library, the children's imprint of Random House Audio, that it has acquired the North American audio publishing rights to the book 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,' by J. K. Rowling. Information on the unabridged audiobook; Background on...
- The Voice of Harry Potter's World. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;7/14/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 28, p29
Interviews stage and screen actor Jim Dale, on his narration efforts for the audiobook 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,' by J. K. Rowling. His views on the audiobook recording job; Views of Dale on the release of the audiobook; His career plans.
- SHOPPING BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;6/20/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 25, p12
Presents a list of book prices and their other formats released in the U.S. as of June 2005. Paperback editions of the first three volumes of "Halo"; Audiocassette edition of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"; Hardcover edition of "The South Beach Diet."
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Jemtegaard, Kristi Elle // Horn Book Magazine;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p777
The article reviews the audiobook "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," by J. K. Rowling.
- Audio Best Sellers. // Library Journal;11/1/2003, Vol. 128 Issue 18, p56
Presents a chart of the top-selling audiobooks as of November 1, 2003. "Learn in Your Car Spanish," by Henry N. Raymond; "Teeth of the Tiger," by Tom Clancy; "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," by J.K. Rowling.
- Catch-22 // Magill Book Reviews;
A black comedy about an American bomber squadron based in Italy during the last days of World War II, CATCH-22 was completed sixteen years after Germany's surrender. It has less to do with the war, in fact, than the society that came out of it.
- Sound Footing. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;6/21/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 25, p32
Discusses the recognition received by the audio industry at the 2004 Book Expo America in Chicago, Illinois, in June 2004. Developments in the audio industry; Features of the Brilliance Audio booth; Information on the award won by Random House Audio's "Harry Potter and the Order of the...