NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD NO TITLES WITH LONGEVITY Paperback Nonfiction
- History Books Providing A Boon To Publishers As Consumers Look Back. // Book Publishing Report;04/09/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p4
Focuses on nonfiction books and biographical titles on the best-selling hardcover list of the 'New York Times' newspaper. Book buyers' interest in historical books; Inclusion of the books 'Founding Brothers,' from Knopf, 'Constantine's Sword,' from Houghton Mifflin and 'IBM and the Holocaust'...
- --The Agents--. // Book Publishing Report;04/09/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p5
Presents the literary agents of hardcover nonfiction bestsellers. Data from Simba Information Inc., based on the 'New York Times' bestseller list through April 8, 2001; Number of weeks on the list.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 25 AGENTS Paperback Nonfiction. // Book Publishing Report;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p8
Presents the chart depicting the top 25 agents of paperback nonfiction books in the U.S. according to the bestseller scorecard of the newspaper "The New York Times".
- Fewer Books, More Weeks On 2005 NYT Hardcover Nonfiction List. // Book Publishing Report;1/16/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the decline in the number of books on the hardcover nonfiction list of "The New York Times" in the U.S. The average hardcover nonfiction title had spent 6.3 weeks on the list in 2005, a 28 percent increase over the 4.9 week average in 2004. Penguin Group company was the...
- The top ten. Lane, Anthony // New Yorker;6/27/94-7/4/94, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p79
Critiques the books in the `New York Times' top ten bestselling fiction as of May 15, 1994 to evaluate the significance of best-selling charts as a culture barometer. `Like Water for Chocolate,' by Laura Esquivel; `Disclosure' by Michael Crichton; `Lovers' by Judith Krantz; `The Alienist,' by...
- Adjustments Allow More Titles To Earn NYT Bestseller Status In Third Quarter. // Book Publishing Report;10/02/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p1
Reports that the decision of 'The New York Times' to separate its children's list from the traditional adult list has allowed more book titles to earn best-seller status in the United States in the third quarter of 2000. Number of hardcovers and paperbacks that appeared on the bestseller list...
- In How-To Bestseller Lists, Prayer Sizzled, The Soup Cooled and The Cheese Finally Moved. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;1/21/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the advice, how-to and miscellaneous bestseller lists of 'The New York Times' newspaper as of January 21, 2002. Top position held by 'The Prayer of Jabez,' by David Kopp, on the hardcover bestseller list; Top position held by 'The Four Agreements,' by Don Miguel Ruiz on the paperback...
- Same Titles Lead Advice Lists. // Book Publishing Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p7
Discusses about the change in bestseller lists as reported by the New York Times.
- Authority of N.Y. Times bestseller list questioned. Bing, Jonathan // Variety;08/28/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 2, p3
Reports that the `New York Times' bestseller list has been discarded by biggest booksellers in the United States. Comments from `New York Times' surveys editor Michael Kagay; Book that is not on the list in the August 2000 issue; Strategy to prevent deep-pocketed authors from buying a place on...