NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD NO. 1 TITLES WITH LONGEVITY Hardcover Fiction
- AND THEN THERE WAS ONE. // New Republic;9/2/2013, Vol. 244 Issue 14, p24
Quotations are presented from media industry people including Nick Denton, Elizabeth Spiers, and Graydon Carter, offering their suggestions for potential buyers of the "New York Times" newspaper such as Internet entrepreneur Evan Williams, technology executive Bill Gates, and author Fran Lebowitz.
- On the book review watch. Brady, James // Crain's New York Business;06/19/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p9
Discusses positive reviews of the author's book which was released on June 14, 2000. Book's description of United States Marines fighting the Chinese army in North Korea; Author's anxiety about how `The New York Times' newspaper would like the book; Experiences during a book tour.
- `Bestseller' brouhaha. Howard, Lucy; Koehl, Carla // Newsweek;7/22/1996, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p6
Discusses controversy over the cover of the novel `The Bestseller,' by Olivia Goldsmith. Portrayal of a mock bestseller list from `The New York Times,' showing Goldsmith's book in the first-place position; Unamused response from the newspaper, which got publisher HarperCollins to take...
- Book Publishing at the `New York Times.'. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;10/18/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 42, p20
Reports the expansion of the publishing operations of `The New York Times' newspaper. Plan of the newspaper to launch a retail Web site; Samples of the books published by the newspaper.
- My Blue Heaven ... ALEXANDER, CHARLES // Between the Lines (10807551);8/22/2013, Issue 2134, p15
The author reflects on the new genre of books which has been named to the New York Times newspaper best seller list that discusses about authors encounter with heaven and whether the description mentioned in the book is fictional or non-fictional.
- NYT lures digital subscribers. // Campaign;7/29/2011, Issue 30, p9
The article reports that "The New York Times" lures 224,000 digital subscribers after it introduced its pay wall and added 57,000 paid subscribers to replica editions and electronic book readers (e-readers).
- N.Y. Times redesigns book review section. // Editor & Publisher;7/1/95, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p47
Reports on the `New York Times' redesign of its Book Review section. Debut of design in September 1995 issue; Changes in table of contents; Addition of variety of weekly features; Comments of advertising vice president Janet L. Robinson on changes.
- Suit leads to new housing ad policy. // Black Enterprise;Dec93, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p26
States that a suit brought against the `New York Times' charging a violation of federal fair housing laws resulted in the paper adopting a new policy on housing advertisements. Suit brought by four African-Americans; Details of the settlement.
- NY Times upgrades business section. // Editor & Publisher;3/18/95, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p34
Reports on modifications of the business section in `The New York Times' newspaper. Emphasis on aggressive enterprise stories; Improvement of the section's presentation; Difference in the section's focus for each day of the week.