New House Bill to Help Firefighters Afford Homes
- BIO Thanks Reps. Pascrell, Bilbray for Policy that Levels the Playing Field for Renewable Chemicals. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/28/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that the Biotechnology Industry Organization thanked U.S. representatives Bill Pascrell and Brian Bilbray for introducing the U.S. Renewable Chemicals Tax Parity Act of 2012. The legislation reduces taxes for producers of renewable chemicals building new biorefineries in the...
- Who says a farmer's voice can't make a difference? Robinson, Elton // Southwest Farm Press;3/4/2004, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p15
Discusses the importance of agriculture on the U. S. economy. Comments of US Representative Jo Ann Emerson; Issue of subsidies; Impact of the new energy bill; Need for funding to sustain the farm bill.
- Calif. Bill Seeks Affordable Housing for Firefighters. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;4/23/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32613, p7
The article reports on the bill that would authorize general obligation bonds to fund affordable housing for firefighters in California. According to Representative Alan Nakanishi, the sponsor of the bill, firefighters should live close to the community where they work, so that they can respond...
- Newscan: California bill lets on-the-job firefighters take out drones. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;7/23/2015, p1
The article reports on a bill in California which lets on-the-job firefighters take out drones in their work.
- Bill aims to stomp fraud in homebuyer tax credit. RUTH, JOÃO-PIERRE // njbiz;11/2/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p10
The article reports that U.S. Representative. Bill Pascrell Jr. (D-Paterson) is co-sponsoring the Homebuyer Tax Credit Improvement Act (HR 3901), that prevents fraud in the federal first-time homebuyer tax credit program. The bill, introduced October19, 2009 by U.S. Representative John Lewis...
- Lawmaker questions FCC's priorities. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;3/20/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p16
The article reports that U.S. Congress House Committee on Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services chairwoman Jo Ann Emerson questioned U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chief Julius Genachowski regarding the political advertising online database requirements on March 19, 2012.
- Resignation sets off free-for-all in House race. Jaffe, Alexandra // Hill;1/23/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p20
The article announces that U.S. Congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson has resigned from her office as the Democrat Representative for Missouri.
- House lawmakers promote new bill to overhaul Medicaid payment rule. Frederick, Jim // Drug Store News;8/13/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p19
The article reports on the newly authored Patient Access to Medicaid Generic Prescription Drugs Act of 2007 introduced in the U.S. Congress to overhaul the controversial Medicaid prescription payment plan. Representatives Nancy Boyda and Jo Ann Emerson, who sponsored the bill, claimed that the...
- New Jersey political race turns ugly over Jews and Israel. // Washington Jewish Week;6/7/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p13
The article reports that the Democratic race between Representatives Steve Rothman and Bill Pascrell in New Jersey turned into a fight over religion and political views on Israel after local Arabs attacked Rothman of being Jewish and pro-Israel.