Taking the extraordinary for granted
- `Chute for the STARS. Johnson, Ray; Andy, Dunaway // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p2
Focuses on the Special Tactics and Rescue Specialists (STARS), a team of combat controllers and pararescuemen under the United States Air Force Special Operations Command's Parachute Demonstration Team aimed at recruiting potential enlistees. Development of the concept behind STARS;...
- Recruiting incentives boost security forces. // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p17
Reports that US Air Force Air Staff has approved two recruiting incentives and a voluntary return program for active-duty people who want to return to the security forces career field. Eligibility and procedures; Availability of information about the security forces incentives program at the...
- Puttin' 'em in Boots. Wright, Ken // Airman;Dec99, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p44
Looks at the approach of United States Air Force Technical Sergeant Azzaam Rahmaan II in recruiting. Why recruiting has gotten more difficult; Importance of location in the recruitment process; Relationship of Rahmaan with his recruits.
- Retiree Uses Kite as Recruiting Tool. Steadler, Steve // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2003, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p29
Reports on the used of kite as a recruiting tool for reservists for the Air Force Reserve Command in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Efficacy of the tool to attract attention; Designer of the kite; Prevalence of career opportunities in the Reserve.
- CMSAF explains importance of AEF, robust basing. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p11
Focuses on enlisted issues raised by Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Eric W. Benken to airmen during his visit to the Eielson Air Force Base in Alaska. Comments concerning the air expeditionary force (AEF) concept; Robust basing issues.
- Force Development Critical to Reserve's Enlisted Force. Winsett, Jackson A. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2005, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on the importance of force development to U.S. Air Force Reserve's enlisted force. Development of foundation for how the enlisted force developed; Importance in the deployment of the enlisted force development construct; Effort to retain and further develop the people through education.
- Terrorist survivor enlists in Air Force. Currier, Amanda // Airman;Sep2002, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the enlistment of September 11, terrorist attack survivors to join the U.S. Air Force. Decision of former pre-med student, Amy Ting; Experience of Ting during the attack; Attitude after surviving from the terrorist attack.
- AFROTC releases 1999 job list. // Airman;Jul98, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p16
Announces the release of the summer 1999 United States Air Force ROTC job list. Home page address of the US Air Force Personnel Center; Information on how to volunteer via the Web site; Contact information.
- Applicants sought for economics chair. // Program Manager;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p4
Announces the creation of the William A. Anders Chair for Economics of the Defense Industrial Base at the Department of Economics and Geography, US Air Force Academy, Colorado. Call for applications for the position; Objective of the position's creation; Qualifications; Contact information.