Trading Stripes for Bars
- New screening board to identify high-potential officers for developmental education opportunities. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2009, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p23
The article examines the new process of Air Force Reserve Command for the identification of qualified officers to attend developmental education in the U.S. The new Reserve School Selection Board was established on May 6, 2009 to select Reserve officers who will attend developmental education,...
- Academy professor has more than one-mission mind. Kunz, Christine L. // Airman;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p9
Features the professional life of Major Michael Gleason, an academy instructor at the Air Force Academy in the U.S. Involvement of Gleason in academics and operations; Air Force specialty code of Gleason as a space satellite operator; Importance of a broader operational base of instructors for...
- Mission Possible. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the advanced skills training of the U.S. airmen for the aircraft combat controllers. Responsibility of a combat controller; Duration and goal of the training; Concept of the activity; Details of the training phases. INSET: Warriors training warriors.
- When not to give the skipper extra training. Pham, T.N. // Flying Safety;Aug97, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p28
Discusses the weight of following safety rules 100 percent during air training sessions, as highlighted during a near accidental air combat session between two US Air Force airmen. Training on a high-gravity, sweat-inducing, high-workload flight; Danger of false sense of honor and desire for...
- The advanced instrument flight course or instruments `r' us. Jones, Kevin // Flying Safety;Sep94, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p9
Recounts the history of the US Air Force's Advanced Instrument Flight Course (AIFC) training program in Castle Air Force Base, California. Aim of the program to train the best instrument pilots in the world; Curricula; Areas covered during the training; Contact information.
- Attention to details. Barela, Timothy P. // Airman;Aug98, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on the First Term Airman's Center which aims to facilitate the adjustment of incoming airmen to base duty. Services offered; Orientation activities; In-processing and professional briefings provided; Perks; Benefits.
- AROUND THE AIR FORCE. // Airman;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p4
Photographs of several airmen of the U.S. Air Force doing training in various places are presented including Senior Airman Jonathan Ordonez, Senior Airman Patrick Garner, and Airman 1st Class Hunter Rains.
- In the Belly of the Beast. // Airman;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p40
Photographs of several basic trainee airmen of the U.S. Air Force at the BEAST, an exercise complex which replicates the sights, sounds and emotions Airmen will experience in the deployed environment, are presented including Corrie Chaffin, Carlynne Easterwood, and Sorpisith Keo.
- Expeditionary Forces for the New Millennium. // Airman;Jan2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on expeditionary aerospace force program of the United States (US) Air Force. Description of the deployment preparation program for airmen in the US; Overview of the aerospace expeditionary forces program; Significance of the program.