Record review available online
- Personnel records now include e-mails and faxes. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 44, p4
Reports on the state law governing the inclusion of electronic mail and fax communications in an employee's personnel file in Connecticut. Right of employees to review the contents of personnel files; Separation of the employee medical information from the personnel files; Restrictions on the...
- Joint Qualification. Michael, Christian // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2014, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the importance of joint credit or qualification for the U.S. Air Force Reserve officers. It states that the officers must pass a package to a panel for review. It mentions the key factors to obtain the best chance of receiving credit which include the performance of duties...
- Tips on balancing privacy rights at the job site. // Communications News;Apr95, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p30
Presents tips on balancing privacy rights of employees at the job site when devising company electronic mail policy. Booklet prepared by David R. Johnson and John Podesta for the task; Treatment of personal messages; Lack of federally established right to privacy in the workplace. INSET: Which...
- The InterPARES International Research Project. Duranti, Luciana; Thibodeau, Kenneth // Information Management Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p44
Provides information on the International Research on Permanent Authentic Records in Electronic Systems (InterPARES), which aims to formulate principles and criteria for the development of strategies for the preservation of authentic electronic records. Purpose of each InterPARES domain;...
- word bites. Brody, Roberta // EContent;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the so-called electronic word bites. Where the difference between print and electronic documents lies; Concern over the ethics of using what are clearly text analysis methods for literary exploration; Information on document transformations.
- Pricing electronic data and data access. Humphrey, Michael // Public Management (00333611);Nov95, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p16
Features pointers on how local governments in the United States can maximize the economic benefit of their public records by making them available on computer. Need for protection of their assets; Demands for automated service; Disclosure public laws; Whether products of geographic information...
- Information Preservation: Changing Roles. Arp, Charles E.; Dickman Jr., Joseph C. // Information Management Journal;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p54
Gives pieces of advice on creating and maintaining the reliability of electronic records. Discussion on the significance of long-term management in electronic records; Insight on the indispensable attributes of paper records; Explanation on the role of risk analysis.
- THE HELP DESK. Esquibel, Melissa P. // Office Technology Today;Feb2016, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p4
The article presents questions and answers concerning office technology including one on keeping track changes on when sending documents and another on protecting word documents.
- We are a professional force preparing for combat. Lorber, John G. // Flying Safety;Aug95, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p2
Discusses the `dues' that members of the US Air Force are expected to `pay' to keep the title of a professional air crew member. Physical and mental preparation; Thorough preflight checks; Rapid and accurate reaction to problems encountered during takeoff; Sticking to the briefed air plan;...