Teams help troops send smiles home
- SOLDIERS AND SAILORS CAN SHOP TOGETHER. // CardLine;11/30/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p32
The article reports on the redemption of gift cards purchased at any U.S. military exchange stores by military families of the Army, Air Force and Marines. Shoppers are no longer required to sort through three different gift cards to resolve which is accepted at a particular facility. The gift...
- Reservists mobilize to support Afghanistan surge ops. Allen, Candice // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Jun2010, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on more than 1,600 U.S. Air Force Reservists, including aircrew members, aircraft maintainers and aerial porters, who are supporting the operations of an additional 30,000 troops sent by President Barack Obama to Afghanistan.
- Army Covers Air Force. // Army Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p80
Reports on the U.S. Army's mobilization of Army National Guard soldiers to augment the security at U.S. Air Force installations in the U.S. December 2002 memorandum of agreement between the Army and the Air Force to reduce the burden on Air Force security personnel; Army's contribution of...
- Humble Beginnings. Rood, Jerry // Flying Safety;Oct2002, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p4
Provides information on the establishment of the U.S. Air Force as a separate service from the U.S. Army.
- Divorce & Deployment Representing the military servicemember. Baughn, Darrell // Family Advocate;Fall2005, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses various family law issues faced by U.S. service members (SMs). The judge advocate officer, functioning as a general-practice legal assistance attorney in a deployed environment, handles many civil legal issues for SMs. In the Army, one of the first things soldiers must...
- Deactivation of Army Family and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation Command and Transition to Installation Management Command G-9 at Fort Sam Houston. Jerrett Dunlap, Lieutenant Colonel // Army Lawyer;Oct2011, p35
The article offers information on the deactivation of the U.S. Army Family and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (FMWR) Command (FMWRC), which will be covered under the U.S. Commander, Installation Management Command (IMCOM) as of June 3, 2011.
- family programs. // Warrior Citizen;2015, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p42
The article looks at Family Programs initiated by the U.S. Army Reserve and mentions topics such as the Fort Family Outreach and Support Center, estimated number of Army Reserve family members, and an overview of the Army Family Team Building readiness training program.
- Fort Hood Families Earn Their Spurs. St. Brice, Victoria // Army Magazine;Feb2015, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p13
The article reports on the participation of families of the 215th Brigade Support Battalion, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division in a "Family Spur Ride" held on November 22, 2014 at Fort Hood, Texas where they experienced Army-style physical training.
- Report card. // FW;10/24/95, Vol. 164 Issue 22, p58
Ranks the performance of the Department of Defense, taking into consideration the progress made up til 1995 and giving credit for plans of future change. Acquisitions and procurement with a grade of C-; Financial management with a grade of C-; Logistics and infrastructure with a grade of C-;...