Guardsman cheers, reads, pours and rides
- Guardsman credits CCAF for her success as TV weathercaster. // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p14
Features Lisa Mozer, Virginia Air National Guard's forecaster for the 121st Weather Flight at Andrews Air Force Base in Virginia. Job responsibilities; Career and educational background.
- SLC businessman promoted to rank of Brigadier General. Woodruff, Megan // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/26/98, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p7
Reports that businessman Larry Lunt has been promoted to Brigadier General in the Utah Air National Guard. Background on his business life; Other group affiliations; Responsibilities as Brigadier General of the Utah Air National Guard.
- Top guns rattle rural hamlets. Howard, Malcolm // Christian Science Monitor;10/24/95, Vol. 87 Issue 230, p10
Informs about the US Air National Guard's proposal for the expansions and modifications of the military training areas for jet fighters in Pennsylvania. Protests in rural US communities against the same; Argument of the defense planners; Negotiations between the Air Guard and the hang gliders. ...
- Woman Commander. Haskell, Bob // Officer;Mar2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p52
Profiles Linda McTague, commander of the 113th Wing of the District of Columbia Air National Guard in the U.S. Career history; Job responsibilities; Character as a military woman.
- The Air National Guard. Gross, Charles J. // Airpower Journal;Winter96, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p59
Focuses on the US Air National Guard (ANG). Responsibilities during peacetime; Foundation on September 18, 1947; Rationale behind its creation; Typical missions; Innovations of significance for the ANG; Challenges facing the ANG; Outlook for the future.
- Fairchild delivers first two C-26As to Air National Guard. Shifrin, C.A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/24/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 17, p36
Reports that Fairchild Aircraft Corp. has delivered the first two C-26A operational support transport aircraft to the Air National Guard. The C-26A is a derivative of the Fairchild Metro 3 turboprop. Contract; Deliveries; Aircraft specifications and operations.
- Top air guardsmen. // Airman;Jul98, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p22
Announces the Air National Guard's top enlisted people of 1998 from the United States's 98,313 Air Guard enlisted members.
- Strategic airlift mission. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/8/1985, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p46
The Air National Guard is resuming a strategic airlift mission in the Defense Department total force concept as its 105th Military Airlift Group converts from Cessna O-2As to Lockheed C-5As this month.
- Evaluating guard training. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/8/1985, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p65
A modified approach to flight training for low-level fighter and attack operations, proposed by a US Air National guard fighter weapons school instructor, is under evaluation by the Air Force for possible adaptation to its own training programs.