Lieutenant from Iraq calls United States home
- United States Air Forces in Europe. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p14
Presents the U.S. Air Forces in Europe. Responsibilities of the organization to enhance transatlantic security and provide regional stability; Mission of the organization; Role of Robert H. Foglesong as Commander of the group.
- Don't Let the Veteran Down. Johnson, Leon W. // Saturday Evening Post;8/10/1946, Vol. 219 Issue 6, p37
The article discusses the author's experience as an official of the U.S. Air Force. He became a commander of the Air Force with a duty to send some of his men to missions which brought their deaths. One of his men who has dedicated his life to military service is Bill McCoy. He emphasizes the...
- Reserve Line-Officer Major Selections Fall Short of Goal. Gilstad, Claire J. // Officer;Nov98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p17
Reveals that the United States Air Force Reserve selected fewer line officers than planned for promotion to major in 1999. Explanations from Air Force Reserve personnel officials; Requirement under the Reserve Officer Personnel Management Act; Steps taken to fix the error in the selection process.
- AFSO Senior Leadership. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Summer2008, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p2
The article profiles John Posner and Ronald C. Ritter. Brigadier General Posner is a graduate from the U.S. Air Force Academy and the Director of the Air Force Smart Operations (AFSO), Office of the Secretary of the Air Force. Ritter is a graduate from the University of Miami, Florida in 1988...
- Air Education and Training Command. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p7
Presents the Air Education and Training Command of the U.S. Air Force in Texas. Mission of the organization to educate professional airmen; Responsibilities of the group; Total number of active duty officers.
- Air Force Reserve Command. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p9
Presents the U.S. Air Force Reserve Command in Georgia. Mission of the group to provide citizen airmen to defend the country; Responsibilities of the organization; Role of James E. Sherrard III as Commander of the group.
- Air Mobility Command. // Airman;Jan2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p12
Presents the Air Mobility Command of the U.S. Air Force in Illinois. Role of John W. Handy as Commander of the group; Mission of the group to provide airlift and aeromedical evacuation; Responsibilities of the group.
- Total Force Review. Edens, Frank A.; Sheftick, Gary // Officer;Nov2000, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p47
Presents news of note for, and about, members of the Reserve Officers Association in the United States (U.S.), current as of November 2000. U.S. Army Chief of Staff General Eric Shinseki's testimony at a Senate Armed Services Committee readiness hearing; Air Force Reserve Command F-16 fighter...
- Evaluating Potential Officer Effectiveness in a Training Situation. Suttell, Barbara J. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct55, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p338
The article discusses the results of a study that assessed the reliability of a situational performance test in evaluating the effectiveness of potential officers of the U.S. Air Force. The test was administered to 480 graduating students of the U.S. Air Force. The findings suggested that the...