A potent mixture
Tags: RUSSIAN cooking
- Try a few Russian recipes. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p30
Presents some Russian recipes. Blini; Krechnevai Kascha; Piroshki.
- Borscht belt: 4-tsar fare. Freiman, J. // Harper's Bazaar;Feb89, Issue 3326, p172
Describes Russian food and where to get it at New York City restaurants.
- A salad for all tastes. Utenkova, Yelena // Russian Life;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p43
Presents information on the Russian recipe called `vinaigrette.' What the recipe consist of. INSET: Vinaigrette (our 100-year-old recipe).
- Russia rediscovers its Czarist cuisine. Sloane, Wendy // Christian Science Monitor;3/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 76, p14
Reports the resurgence of pre-revolutionary, traditional cuisine in Russian restaurants replacing the menus of the era of the Soviet Union. Popularity of rich and expensive food along with customs of Czarist Russia; Details about traditional Russian fare; Recipe for Siberian dumplings.
- RUSSIAN CUISINE. // Russian Life;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p22
Presents a Russian cookery called 'Roast goose with apples.'
- tastes of the world. Murphy, Dee // Current Health 2;Nov2003, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p22
Provides information on several recipes from various countries such as Scandinavia, Russia and China.
- A Taste of Russia. Kowalski, Kathiann M. // Cobblestone;May2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p18
Presents information about classic Russian cuisine and the recipe for borscht soup.
- Sweet homage. Ritchie, Elisavietta // Christian Science Monitor;3/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 70, p17
Talks of the homage paid by the author to her Russian grandmother and aunt Maria by eating halvah, a Russian sweet. Information on her grandmother and her aunt.
- Creative cuisine in a cool climate. Clark, Marta // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p28
Part II. Presents an overview of Russian cookery in the countryside. Winter foods; Three kinds of bread; Buying milk, butter, sour cream and cheese; Meat and fish; Fruits and vegetables; Potatoes; Soups.