Vitamin C May Hasten Healing
- PULLING TEETH. // Prevention;Feb89, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p18
Reports on research results which indicate that the intake of extra vitamin C may lead to a quicker, easier recovery after tooth extraction. Quicker healing and less pain in subjects who took vitamin C supplements; Smaller likelihood of 'dry socket' complication with vitamin C intake; Absence...
- Perplexing ipsilateral involvement. Agarwal, A. // British Dental Journal;6/8/2013, Vol. 214 Issue 11, p539
A letter to the editor is presented discussing two severe intrinsically discoloured (greyish-black) upper and lower left third molars extracted in a mildly asthmatic lady in her mid-30s.
- Mucoperiosteal Flap for Extraction of Multiple Teeth in the Maxillary Quadrant of the Cat. Blazejewski, III, Stanley; Lewis, John R.; Reiter, Alexander M. // Journal of Veterinary Dentistry;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p200
The article offers step-by-step instructions for extraction of multiple teeth in the maxillary quadrant of the cat through mucoperiosteal flap technique.
- Surgical Extraction of the Maxillary Fourth Premolar Tooth in the Dog. Schein, Henry // Journal of Veterinary Dentistry;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p231
The article offers step-by-step instructions for surgical extraction of the maxillary fourth premolar tooth in the dog.
- PULLING TEETH EGYPTIAN STYLE. Quack, Joachim // dig;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p23
Describes tooth extraction by ancient Egyptians. Importance of getting the tooth out whole and unbroken; Pain-killing drugs used before extraction of the tooth.
- THE SURGEON GENERAL'S REPORT ON AMERICA'S ORAL HEALTH: OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE DENTAL PROFESSION. Evans, Caswell A.; Kleinman, Dushanka V. // Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA);Dec2000, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p1721
Focuses on the report of the surgeon general on the status of oral health among Americans in the United States. Suggestion for the development of oral health plans; Importance of dental profession to the general health; Opportunities for the dental profession to address perceptions on oral...
- Travelling for teeth: characteristics and perspectives of dental care tourism in Hungary. Österle, A.; Balázs, P.; Delgado, J. // British Dental Journal;4/25/2009, Vol. 206 Issue 8, p425
Background and aim Despite quite lively debates about dental care tourism, scientific studies into the size and the characteristics of the phenomenon remain widely lacking. The present study is the first to measure the phenomenon in one of the most prominent destination countries, Hungary, with...
- Tooth movement an alternative to bone transplants. // British Dental Journal;11/12/2011, Vol. 211 Issue 9, p404
The article discusses the move of Swedish researchers to present a new method of replacing lost teeth by moving existing teeth into a toothless area with the use of a brace.
- Dentists Fall for Cavity Illusion. // Australasian Science;Mar2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that drilling unnecessarily large holes in their patients' teeth could decrease the time involved in dental work and possibly the risk that teeth need to be removed.