Spectral properties of fricatives in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Primary Progressive Aphasia With Motor Neuron Disease: A Case Report. // Journal of Neurological Sciences;2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p340
No abstract available.
- Executive dysfunction in ALS is not the whole story. Abrahams, Sharon // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;May2013, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p474
The author discusses the surge of research publications revealing executive dysfunction and social cognition deficits in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) patients. He cites a research which shows the presence of language deficits in ALS patients without dementia. He adds that the research...
- Is language impairment more common than executive dysfunction in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis? Taylor, Lorna J.; Brown, Richard G.; Tsermentseli, Stella; Al-Chalabi, Ammar; Shaw, Christopher E.; Ellis, Catherine M.; Leigh, P. Nigel; Goldstein, Laura H. // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;May2013, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p494
Background Systematic explorations of language abilities in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) are lacking in the context of wider cognitive change. Methodology Neuropsychological assessment data were obtained from 51 patients with ALS and 35 healthy controls matched for age,...
- Insulin-like growth factor significantly improves symptoms... // Formulary;Jan1996, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p15
Reports that the recombinant human insulin-like growth factor appears to slow progression of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and improve functional ability according to the results of a survey. Side effects of drug; Dosage; Comment from Howard Natter, clinical assistant professor of...
- Exploring motor and visual imagery in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Fiori, F.; Sedda, A.; Ferrè, E.; Toraldo, A.; Querzola, M.; Pasotti, F.; Ovadia, D.; Piroddi, C.; Dell'Aquila, R.; Lunetta, C.; Corbo, M.; Bottini, G. // Experimental Brain Research;May2013, Vol. 226 Issue 4, p537
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) is a motor neuron disease characterized by the progressive atrophy of both the first and the second motor neurons. Although the cognitive profile of ALS patients has already been defined by the occurrence of language dysfunctions and frontal deficit symptoms,...
- EXONHIT INITIATES PHASE II CLINICAL TRIAL FOR EHT 0201. // Worldwide Biotech;Dec2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the launch by the company ExonHit Therapeutics of a clinical trial evaluating the effectiveness of EHT 0201 (pentoxyfylline) in patients suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Doe v. Wilson. Salyer, David R. // Issues in Law & Medicine;Winter90, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p319
Presents a United States court ruling related to euthanasia in patients suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Case of patient Jane Doe who requested that her physician Dr. James P. Wilson disconnect her respirator; Consideration by Chancellor Allen High on previous legal precedents.
- Support services important component of Rilutek launch. Rodgers, Katie // Drug Topics;2/5/96, Vol. 140 Issue 3, p46
Reports on the planned launch of Rhone-Poulenc Rhorer's (RPR) Rilutek riluzole drug for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Patient support services; Background information; Implications; Plans and expectations.
- Diagnosing motor neurone disease. Chancellor, Andrew M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/16/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7032, p650
Discusses diagnostic strategies for motor neurone disease. Symptoms; Dilemma faced by the physician in diagnosing motor neurone disease; Conditions that resemble idiopathic motor neurone disease.