PUBLIC HISTORY REVIEW ESSAY
- A half-century of Twin Cities preservation. Glischinski, Steve // Classic Trains;Winter2016, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p78
The article discusses the history, rail collection and restoration works of the Minnesota Transportation Museum (MTM).
- Rocks Expands. // Railways Illustrated;Feb2016, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p36
The article reports that the heritage railway Rocks by Rail has opened the Simon Layfield Exhibition Centre.
- Vintage EMD's move to Green Bay. Gruber, John // Trains;Oct2001, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p86
Reports on the display of EMD locomotives at the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Former EMD employer who once owned the locomotives; Company which purchased the units.
- Maine's two-foot empire gains new life. Gruber, John; Franz, Justin // Trains;Aug2004, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p80
Presents information on the Waterville & Farmington Railway Museum at Sheepscot Station in Maine. Information on the locomotives found in the museum; Other railroad museums in Maine.
- Hungary to hold sixth steam grand prix in September. Wild, Mike // Railways Illustrated;Aug2006, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p40
The article announces the sixth annual Central European Locomotive Grand Prix events of the Hungarian Railway Museums, on September 16-17, 2006. The event will test the skills of locomotive crews in several fields, including speed, fire extinguishing and rescuing. There are also endurance events...
- This Indiana museum offers a steamy niche. Wrinn, Jim // Trains;Sep2006, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p64
The article reports on the railroad history preserved at the Hesston Steam Museum in Laporte, Indiana. The museum begun as a steam traction group in 1957 by a group called the Indiana Threshermen. The group acquired its first railroad piece, a Browning locomotive steam crane in 1962. Members...
- Her Alcos. Wrinn, Jim // Trains;Sep2006, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p65
The article announces that the Oklahoma Railway Museum has received from Jim and Caroline Terrell Magma Arizona RS3 cars that were last used at Texas' Blacklands Railroad. The 1955-built units will join the roster of the Oklahoma City museum. One will be painted Rock Island, the other Katy.
- PRESERVATION. Wrinn, Jim // Trains;Oct2006, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p66
The article provides information on the Lake Shore Railway Historical Society located in North East, Pennsylvania. A group of railroad fans, made up largely of General Electric locomotive assembly plant workers in Erie, formed a club. After meeting in homes, they learned that the closed New York...
- Monticello museum retires debt. // Trains;Feb2007, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p69
The article offers an update on the Monticello Railway Museum in Illinois. As part of its 40th anniversary celebration in November, the Monticello Railway Museum paid off the mortgage on its former Illinois Central Railroad line between Monticello and White Heath, Illinois. The museum is also...