- How to Make 2000 Your Best Year Ever. Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Nov99, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p85
Discusses management issues facing furniture companies in year 2000. Report of the American Management Association; Case study on a mid-western furniture company; Reaction of companies to the challenges.
- Pennsylvania House gets back to basics. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p1
Reports the management changes in Pennsylvania House furniture company. Quality of products; Effectiveness of sourcing; Growth in gallery distribution.
- Contract move for Newplan. Westphal // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p4
Discloses furniture manufacturer Newplan's plan to enter the contract sector as part of a series of initiatives launched since sales director Robert Hassell's entry into the firm.
- Q&A. // Cabinet Maker;06/12/98, Issue 5092, p6
Responds to inquiries related to the management of furniture companies in Great Britain. Dealing with customer complaints about beds; Provision of the Supply of Goods Act.
- Q&A your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p5
Answers questions related to the furniture industry. Complaints by customers on tuft retainers on a mattress; Problems in dealing with errors made by sales staff; Problems in delivering a bed through a customer's upstairs window.
- Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst. Metz, Jerry // Wood & Wood Products;Oct99, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p27
Gives advice on what furniture companies should do in the year 2000. Tips in finding employees; Advice to bosses; Importance of partnerships.
- The national buy. Quinlan, Maria // Buildings;Sep97, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p36
Discusses how national furniture suppliers offer greater centralized control and single-source pricing advantages to corporate purchasing managers. How to solve difficulties and challenges in standardizing the interiors of expanding number of facilities; How to benefit from contract pricing on...
- Looking to the future... Cooper, George // Cabinet Maker;11/28/2008, Issue 5616, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the views of key individuals within the furnishing sector on the unlikely success of the Pre-Budget Report's measures, consumer survey on customers shopping destination and the success of Carlton Furniture of Derek Savidge.
- This time it's don'ts! // Wood & Wood Products;May94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p18
Presents Jerry Metz' management strategies for the furniture or cabinet industries. Dont's in the business; Use of glues; Use of automatic systems in the industry; Idea of the personality a sales manager.