More choice from Housing Units
- Independent posts third consecutive sales rise. // Cabinet Maker;9/21/2012, Issue 5804, p6
The article reports that Manchester-based independent retailer Housing Units Ltd. has filed a positive sales growth for the third consecutive year.
- RUNNER UP: BROOKSHIRE'S FOOD & PHARMACY. // Progressive Grocer;Jul2010, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p31
A review is offered for Forney, Texas-based Brookshire's Food & Pharmacy store, a runner-up for the Sky's the Limit Remodel category of the 2010 "Progressive Grocer" magazine's Store Design Contest.
- Housing Units wins award. // Cabinet Maker;6/4/2010, Issue 5690, p8
The article reports that home furnishing store Housing Units Ltd. has been named the Best Department Store Retailer of Gifts during the Great Gift Retailer Awards 2010 in London, England.
- Extreme Theater. Bussel, Abby // Interior Design;Oct98, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p142
Deals with the design of David Ling Architects for Philosophy, a boutique of Italian designer Alberta Ferretti at Manhattan's SoHo district in New York, New York. Characteristics of the design; Construction materials used; Floor plan.
- Sport- und Waffenhandlung Wertgarner, Wien - Mit den Waffen der CI. Ring, Romana // Architektur Aktuell;Jan/Feb2009, Issue 346/347, p100
The article reviews the design of the Wertgarner Sports and Firearms store in Vienna, Austria, designed by BEHF.
- DKNY Concept Bows In Singapore. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/8/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 5, p3
The article reviews the architectural design of new DKNY Jeans retail store in Singapore.
- SPOTLIGHT. // FORM: Pioneering Design;Mar/Apr2009, p14
This section offers news briefs relating to architecture in California as of March 2009, including the architectural design of the Cathedral of Christ the Light in Oakland that was created by SOM, and the opening of a retail store in Santa Monica by Icelander couple Tryggvi Thorsteinsson and...
- Building Awareness. // Retail Merchandiser;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p10
The article reviews the architectural design of the 2Hemispheres retail store of Columbia Sportswear in downtown Seattle, Washington.
- Bland design seen as missed opportunity. // Planning (14672073);5/30/2008, Issue 1771, p22
The article reports on the refusal of the proposed two retail units and 22 flats at a site in Essex, England. The refusal is due to the grounds that the design represented a failed opportunity to make a place of distinction. Moreover, the inspector noted that the area has no defined character,...