- Buying group unveils annual award winners. // Cabinet Maker;9/11/2015, Issue 5948, p4
The article announces awards given to furniture suppliers and members at the annual awards sponsored by trade buying group Associated Independent Stores (AIS) including the Scottish group Sterling Furniture, Essex, England-based Alstons Upholstery Ltd. and Gold Standard Award for Ashwood Designs.
- Alstons' prize guys help charity. // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p7
Reports that Alstons Upholstery has donated money for the first prize in the Vitafoam furniture design contest at the Saint Helena Hospice in England.
- Â£22,000 worth of fuel stolen from Alstons. // Cabinet Maker;5/25/2012, Issue 5789, p6
The article reports on the 22,000 pounds worth of diesel being stolen from the industrial depot unit of Alstons Upholstery Ltd. in Chelmsford, England.
- Sales and profits continue ascent at Essex upholstery firm. // Cabinet Maker;11/7/2014, Issue 5908, p6
The article reports on the continued growth in sales and profits for Essex-headquartered upholstery manufacturer Alstons Upholstery Ltd. with increase in turnover to 25.5m pound for the year ended March 31, 2014.
- Alston: 'storm in a teacup'. Yin-Poole, Wesley // Cabinet Maker;5/18/2007, Issue 5538, p4
The article reports on the issue regarding the struggling of the bedroom manufacturer Alston in Great Britain. The company has assured that there are no long term problem, in which there are no changes in their retailers and the deliveries of their products are still the same. The firm has...
- Keeping it in the family. // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p12
Features the Alstons, family-owned upholstery business in Colchester in Essex, England. Historical background of the firm; Strategies implement in the business; Focus of the firm on customer service.
- Gold watches and golf clubs all round. // Cabinet Maker;08/14/98, Issue 5101, p33
Informs about the recognition ceremonies for employees with long services at British furniture companies Alstons Upholstery and Airsprung Beds. Gifts and badge; Total number of years clocked up by each firm's staff.
- Cold beer, great service. Clarke, S. // Nation's Business;Sep90, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p8
Explains the success of Eskimo Joe's enterprises, a business run by Stan Clark. Bar, restaurants and mail-order clothes; Making customers and employees priority; Focus on service and environment.
- Steam turbine advances transform new and existing plants. Peltier, Robert // Power;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 146 Issue 1, p26
Presents news briefs on the steam turbine energy industry as of January 2002. Developments in the sales of the Alston company; Increase in the turbine orders of Seimens Westinghouse Power Corporation; Development of technology enhancements for retrofits and upgrades by GE Power Systems.