- Retail uptick boosts premarket mood. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p43
Reports that an increase in retail sales has influenced positive attitude of retailers in the pre-market activity of the furniture industry and trade in North Carolina. Companies that participated in the pre-market activity; Impact of the activity on the sales of furniture companies who signed...
- CONTENTS. Cooper, George // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2012, Issue 5794, p5
The article focuses on the use of sale by furniture retailers as a tool to fight against the effect of the downturn in Great Britain, wherein a research from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) confirms that retailers used sales to help drive footfall compared to previous years.
- Mattress Firm gains 72 units. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;06/04/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p8
Presents the top 100 fast growing furniture firm in the United States. Percentage of sales increase for Mattress Firm; Achievement of the 270-store bedding specialty retailer of the best unit-count growth; Dominance of Super Stores of America in the equivalent-store sales.
- U.S. revises industry numbers. // Furniture/Today;8/20/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p14
Reports improvement in the furniture retail sales in the United States. Consumer demand for furniture and bedding; Increase in the consumer furniture spending; Comparison of the sales performance between 1998 and 1999.
- Analysis -- January 2008. // Retail Trade;Jan2008, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the increasing sales of the retail industry in Canada as of January 2008. Building and outdoor home supplies stores led the way at 3.2%, followed by clothing and accessories stores at 2.9%, furniture, home furnishing and electronics stores at 2.5%. On the strength of these...
- Top 25 bedding retailers. // Furniture/Today;11/29/2004 List Supplement, Vol. 29, p38
Focuses on the top 25 furniture bedding retailers in the U.S. Rankings; Name of Company; Estimated bedding sales.
- Top 25 furniture retailers. // Furniture/Today;11/29/2004 List Supplement, Vol. 29, p39
Presents the top 25 furniture retailers in the U.S. Ranking of the company from 2002 and 2003; Name of the company; Estimated furniture and bedding sales.
- Maryland retailers protest proposed hike in sales tax. // Furniture/Today;8/27/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p41
The article reports that furniture retailers are protesting the proposed hike in sales tax in Baltimore, Maryland. About 25 retailers are campaigning against the sales tax increase from 5% to 6%. The state imposed the sales tax hike to budget deficit. The retailer group showed their opposition...
- Liberty on the up. // Cabinet Maker;4/1/2005, Issue 5432, p5
Reports that Liberty department store has cast off reports of downbeat retail sales and claim profit from its furniture and homeware department in London. Comment given by the chief executive officer regarding sales performance; Plan of the company to sell its head office building to get rid of...