Undercover in London
- THE POWER OF MERCHANDISING. // Cabinet Maker;4/22/2011, Issue 5734, p18
The article discusses the power of merchandising among furniture companies in Great Britain. It mentions that effective in-store visual merchandising creates a lasting impression and asserts the importance for retailers to listen to ideas offered by their staff which may help boost their sales....
- High-end retailers need new game plan to survive. // Furniture/Today;9/26/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p24
In this article the author discusses the necessity for high-end retailers to have a new game plan to survive in the U.S. furniture industry and prevent filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy as what Einstein Moomjy did.
- Thinking and acting positive. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;11/11/2005, Issue 5464, p9
Narrates the author's views on the efforts of furniture retailers to look ways to change their marketing approach despite negative feedbacks from analysts in Great Britain. Innovative ideas adopted by retailers; Steps taken by retailers to move away from the competitive mid-market; Accolade to...
- CB2 revamps concept. // Furniture/Today;8/30/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p4
Reports that retail furniture store CB2 has opened its second unit in Chicago, Illinois. Preference of store's customers; Product lines; Size of the unit; Marketing strategy.
- Art Van scores big with La-Z-Boy Kidz galleries. Engle, Clint // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, special section p24
Reports on the opening of the La-Z-Boy Kids area in the store of Art Van Furniture Inc. in Westland, Michigan. Display of La-Z-Boy products; Area of the store occupied by La-Z-Boy concept; Marketing and consumer appeal of the concept.
- Au Bon Pain revamps Thai stores. Mulchand, Sangeeta // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/9/2004, p13
This article presents information about the French bakery chain, Au Bon Pain Co., that is trading in warm tones and functional furniture for bright, powerful colors and plush sofas in a move to reposition itself as a trendy, urban cafÃ©. Au Bon Pain is spending 136 million baht on a facelift...
- Bedroom trial. // Cabinet Maker;3/18/2005, Issue 5430, p6
Reports on the plan of Dorma to try to move into bedroom furniture in several stores around Great Britain.
- Meet the parents. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;4/13/2007, Issue 5533, p20
The article focuses on the marketing strategies of Great Little Trading Co. in Great Britain. The company has been showcasing its full line of products in its online department store, from bunk beds and bedding to bookshelves, trunks and toy boxes, and play tables. The company has been...
- Easter discounts cut deeper than last year. // Cabinet Maker;5/20/2005, Issue 5439, p4
The article reports that the furniture prices fell by 5.3% in April 2005 in Great Britain as retailers offered larger discounts in the Easter sales than they did in 2004. The fall saw the annual inflation rate drop from 5.6% in March 2005, when retailers price established to 0.6% in April 2005....