Phone law sends a message to employers
- Reigning in cell phones. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/21/2006, Issue 323585, p22
The article reports that the California State Legislature will be tackling the proposed legislation that bans the use of handheld cell phones while driving a vehicle. The state Senate has already approved the proposal and the Assembly will be considering it. However, the effectiveness of such a...
- Cellular Phones: Policymakers Consider the Effects of Highway Usage. Kanallakan, Jamie // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Winter2001, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the move of state policymakers in regulating cell phone use while driving in the United States. Comparison between the arguments of the proponents and opponents on the regulation; Move of several states in imposing restrictions on the use of cellular phones; Benefits and distractions...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Missoula Independent;2/7/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p6
The article offers Montana news briefs as of the week ending on February 5, 2013 on topics including passing of the bill proposed by Senators Terry Murphy and R. Cardwell from the House of Representatives, implementation of cell phone ban in Missoula in Montana and support to the House Bill 370.
- Floresville bans cell phone use for drivers. Ripps, Gregory // Wilson County News;11/25/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 47, p1A
The article reports the Floresville City in Texas has adopted an ordinance that prohibits the use of any hand-held mobile communication devices while an individual is operating a moving motor vehicle and states that violating the ordinance will result in a maximum fine of $200.
- Calif. bill to require camera phones to emit noise
or light. Dano, Mike; Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;5/3/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p14
Discusses the bill introduced by California Assembly Member Sarah Reyes (D-Fresno) requiring camera phones to emit a distinctive noise or light when snapping pictures as a means to alert people that they may have been photographed. Comment from Edward Randolph, consultant for Reyes; Goal of the...
- PUTTING A FACE TO PREPAID. Dingle, Simon // Finweek;7/9/2009, p48
A summary is presented of the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act (Rica) in South Africa is presented.
- Cell phone, texting bill is killed in state Senate. // Inside Tucson Business;6/29/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the move of the Senate to disapprove a bill that mandated hands-free device to use a cellular phone while driving and outlawed all texting while driving in Tucson, Arizona on June 22, 2009. The bill was sponsored by Senator Al Melvin who aimed to bring back the same...
- New phone laws create liabilities. Hawthorne, Jessica // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/6/2008, Issue 323875, p17
The article presents questions and answers related to the new phone law in California that prohibits mobile phone use while driving, including the possible upshot when an employee who is talking on a company issued cell phone plows into another vehicle, the possible outcome if the company needs...
- Cellphone ban re-pitched. Mayrer, Jessica // Missoula Independent;9/20/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p7
The article reports on the proposal of Missoula City Councilman Dave Strohmaier to limit cellphone use while driving. John Engen, mayor of Missoula, vetoed part of it, leaving only a texting-while-driving prohibition in place. It states that the new ordinance would permit hands-free cellular...