Rattan weaves its way Westward
- Spirit of adventure. // Cabinet Maker;06/28/2002, Issue 5293, p32
Profiles Carol Taylor, Westward Europe director. Accomplishments of Taylor in the furniture industry; Career background of Taylor; Role models of Taylor regarding her career; Relaxation techniques of Taylor.
- One-two punch has rattan near knockout. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;7/4/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p20
Focuses on the issues facing the rattan furniture industry in Puerto Rico. Impact of foreign competition on the industry; Problems faced by Rattan Fine Creations; Impact of minimum wage increases on the industry.
- Rattan and cane steals the show at Singapore. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;3/8/2002, Issue 5277, p5
Highlights the rattan and cane products at the 19th International Furniture Fair in Singapore. Decline of interest on the show by the European manufacturers; Presentation of rattan designs by the Indonesian manufacturer; Features of the contemporary models of the furniture.
- East goes west. Pulling, Jenny // Cabinet Maker;10/09/98, Issue 5109, p14
Reports that rattan furniture pieces are gaining popularity in Western countries. Tendency by Britons to buy rattan for conservatories instead of the dining or living room; Factors behind change in attitude among British buyers; Description of rattan furniture included in retailers' collections.
- Rattan & wicker furniture made here add cool touch to decor. Gandia, Zoe // Caribbean Business;8/25/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 34, pS41
Reports on the manufacture of rattan and wicker furniture in Puerto Rico. Appropriateness of rattan furniture for tropical climates; Advantages of rattan; Types of rattan; Reasons for rattan's popularity; Versatility of the material.
- International Rattan Forum turns spotlight on Indonesia's sustainable material. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;12/5/2016, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p18
The article reports on the rattan factories tour in Jakarta, Indonesia from November 13-16, 2016 supported by several rattan industry groups such as the Association of Indonesian Furniture and Handicraft Industries (HIMKI) wherein they visited various factories such as Aida Rattan.
- Rattan importers merge to boost Whitecraft brand. // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p61
Reports on the merger between rattan importers Whitecraft Rattan and Cebu Imports in South Carolina. Combination of wicker and rattan resources; Provision of assorted natural and synthetic furniture; Expansion of offshore manufacturing facilities.
- A unique experience. Baylis, Sophie // Cabinet Maker;7/26/2002, Issue 5297, p13
Reports on the popularity of ethnic furniture in Great Britain. Reason for its popularity; Description on the ethnic furniture collection of Westward Europe; Key to achieving success in the British furniture market; Range of ethnic furniture line launched by La Joya; Target market of Indus...
- Care of summer and outdoor furniture. // New Orleans Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p44
Interviews Bobby Franks, owner of Uptown Restoration in New Orleans who specializes in restoring and rebuilding antiques and special furniture pieces. Information on different kinds of rattan furniture; Ways in which cane furniture is made; Process by which age of woven furniture is determined.