Conran appears Contented
- End of the line for Arkana and Outline in C-T shake-up. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p1
Reports the restructuring of furniture firm Christie-Tyler production in South Wales. Advantages of the move to the business group; Plans of Pendragon for the Arkana and Outline products; Replacement of production loss with profitable sales.
- Christie-Tyler set to close two UK factories. // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2003, Issue 5327, p1
Reports on the plan of the furniture specialist Christie-Tyler to close two factories in Great Britain. Aim of the company to increase production in other factories; Proposal of the firm to secure partnership with other firms; Reorganization of the firm.
- Egan quashes rumours. // Cabinet Maker;11/14/2003, Issue 5364, p4
Reports on the denial made by Steve Egan, divisional director of Christie-Tyler on the closure of Ultra and Wyvern in Great Britain. Performance of Ultra; Plans of the furniture firm for the companies.
- Highs and lows of C-T. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p4
Reports on the position maintained by Christie-Tyler as Great Britain's largest furniture manufacturer, according to the Domestic Furniture Manufacturers report by Prospect Swetenhams.
- Sensible move in South Wales. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2001, Issue 5255, p1
Comments on the decision of Christie-Tyler to reshuffle production in South Wales. Increase in the competition of imports among manufacturer; Impact of imports to the business performance of the company; Effects of restructuring to product marketing.
- Inevitable break-up. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;8/12/2005, Issue 5451, p18
Looks at the demise of British upholstery manufacturer, Christie-Tyler. Financial problems of the company; Decline in sales in 2003; Closing of several firms and factories to eliminate excess capacity. INSETS: Christie-Tyler by numbers;Facts and figures;Who is Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst?.
- A name to be reckoned with. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p1
Comments on the impact of the partnership between designer Terence Conran and Christie-Tyler Co. to the furniture market in Great Britain. Details on the creation of the Content Co.; Implications of mass marketing plans of Conran; Conran designed furniture to be launched at The Furniture Show.
- Calm after the storms? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/10/2003, Issue 5359, p8
Reports on the impact of the executive turnover at Christie-Tyler on the furniture manufacturing industry in Great Britain. Increase in the level of imports; Decline in the sales volume; Outsourcing of the production capacity.
- Deeside closure talks start. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p5
Reports on issues surrounding Deeside Cabinets' closure. Proposal of parent company Christie-Tyler to close the factory; Letters received by employees telling them the proposed closure; Discussion of Deeside's situation at Christie-Tyler's board meeting.