- Product updates keep DFS orders coming in. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2003, Issue 5336, p3
Reports on the growth of sales of furniture industry DFS in Great Britain. Significance of the conduct of product updates with fashion trends; Rate of operating profit; Expectation of customer service improvements.
- DFS thrives on pressure. // Cabinet Maker;6/8/2007, Issue 5541, p6
The article reports on the financial performance of sofa specialist DFS for the year ending July 29, 2006. Profit before interest increased 3.5 percent to Â£61.4 million from Â£59.3 million. Operating margin improved to 10.7 percent from 10.3 percent. In addition, turnover was Â£575...
- Cash-rich DFS taps into the buying power of South East. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2008, Issue 5586, p30
The article offers information on the headline report of the May 1995 issue of "Cash-Rich DFS Taps Into the Buying Power of South East." It talks about the financial performance of DFS, one of Great Britain's leading specialist retailers of upholstered furniture founded by Chairman Graham...
- The trials and triumphs in 2004. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;1/7/2005, Issue 5420, p8
The article presents financial performance of furniture companies during 2004. Furniture retailers provided much excitement during 2004 but, in January, most analysts were neutral about prospects for DFS, Courts and ScS. DFS was the first to move significantly. In March, heavyweight investors...
- DFS growth keeps on rolling. // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2003, Issue 5336, p7
Presents a graph depicting the sales figures of upholstery retailer DFS in Great Britain.
- DFS ad campaign rocks on. // Cabinet Maker;7/18/2008, Issue 5597, p7
The article reports on several advertising campaigns of sofa giant DFS in Great Britain. One shows people sitting on DFS sofas at home, playing air guitar to Rock Star, by rock band Nickelback. Another advertisement promotes half-price bargains. The latest, which run throughout the summer of...
- ScS sales storm ahead. // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p4
The article focuses on the increased sales by ScS Inc. Sales climbed by 9% in the past eight weeks as it reaped the benefits of increased television exposure. ScS spends about 6% of turnover on advertising. ScS Inc. has managed to avoid the staff retention and sales cannibalisation problems...
- DFS for sale? // Air Traffic Management;Autumn2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
Reports on Germany's plan to sell state-owned air traffic control company Deutsche Flugsicherung GmbH. Reduction of the country's public-sector deficit; Amount to be raised from the sale.
- DFS figures give rival chains' shares a boost. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;5/2/2003, Issue 5336, p6
Reports on the positive implications of DFS' growth of shares in the retail furnishing sector in Great Britain. Percentage increase of shares; Amount of price offered by Selfridge; Percentage of share gained by Silenthight. INSET: Share Update on 28 April.