Emergency Vehicle Transports Drinking Water Anywhere
- Fire Prevention Bureau. Zalesiak, Dave; Kiurski, Tom // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p223
The article describes several golf cart-type fire vehicles introduced by fire departments in the U.S. In August 1998, Skokie Fire Department built its modified golf-cart as a fire prevention vehicle which appeared as an old steam fire engine. Virginia Beach Fire Department also introduced its...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p124
Presents various fire prevention equipment and supplies provided to local fire departments in the U.S.
- EMS EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p11
Presents several firefighting and emergency management equipment. Philips Electronic's HeartStart MRx monitor/defibrillator; Medical Devices International's CPR Micromask; Armstrong Medical Industries' Heine disposable Macintosh and Miller laryngoscope.
- RESCUE AND SQUAD COMPANY OPERATIONS. Hinkle, Daniel T. // Fire Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p32
Looks into the operations and missions of rescue and squad company of fire departments in the U.S. Assessment of the various types of companies and their specific equipment and apparatus; Details of the search and rescue, forcible entry, utility control, and salvage missions and operations;...
- Monitored Fire Tech Goes to School. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2006, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p10
The article introduces the wireless electronically monitored fire extinguishers given to the Mountain View Middle School of Goffstown, New Hampshire by the National Association of State Fire Marshals (NASFM). This move was considered part of a fire safety demonstration project facilitated by...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Mar2004, Vol. 157 Issue 3, p198
Features several apparatus desgined for use in the U.S. fire/emergency services sector in 2004. Marion Body Works pumper; SMEAL pumper; KME pumper.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jun2006, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p115
The article introduces several fire trucks or engines in the U.S. including the Danko unit, SVI trucks, and Ferrara pumpers. The Fort Campbell, Kentucky Fire Department used the Danko unit to protect the wooden area at the rear. League City, Texas Fire Department's SVI trucks are rescue units...
- Tricks of the Trade: LADDERS, LIGHTS, KNOTS, AND NOZZLES. Grant, Stuart; Stephens, Les // Fire Engineering;Oct2006, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p26
The article presents several tricks involving fire apparatus, to make the job of fire fighters safer and easier. They include the venting in a window and the proper positioning of a ladder set on it for the rescue, the untying of a double overhand granny knot that is tied in a halyard, and the...
- Hey, Where Are You? CIAMPO, MICHAEL N. // Fire Engineering;Jun2010, Vol. 163 Issue 6, p124
The author advises firefighters to determine the location of their companions to ensure that they are not left stranded or unprotected. He urges the inside team to inform the firefighters on the fire floor they are planning to go to the floor above. He also emphasizes that the engine company...