- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;May2011, Vol. 164 Issue 5, p155
The article features several fire-fighting vehicles, including a rescue truck by Summit Fire Apparatus, the PIERCE pumper and the Rescue 1 rescue truck.
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Aug2011, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p90
The article offers brief information on two fire rescue trucks including the aircraft rescue firefighting (ARFF) truck from Oshkosh Corp. and downsized fire engine from Pierce Co.
- WOOD CONSOLIDATION ON AN EIGHTEENTH CENTURY ENGLISH FIRE ENGINE. Barclay, R. // Studies in Conservation;Nov81, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p133
The condition before treatment and the subsequent consolidation of the wooden parts of an eighteenth century English fire engine are described. Experiments on a range of possible consolidants are outlined, and the application of polyvinyl butyral (Butvar B90, Monsanto) by both brushing and...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Mar2010, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p156
The article evaluates several firefighting equipment such as the SMEAL quint from fireeng.hotims.com, the RESCUE 1 rescue truck designed by Community VFC 1, and the 1st attack engineering grass attack truck from fireeng.hotims.com.
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. // Fire Engineering;Dec2010, Vol. 163 Issue 12, p142
The article provides information on the firefighting apparatus used by several fire service departments in the U.S. and Canada in December 2010. It includes the Fort Garry Fire Trucks pumper designed by the Birtle Fire Department in Manitoba to protect rural farming properties. It also mentions...
- REEL USE AND INNOVATIONS. Peters, William C. // Fire Engineering;Oct2004, Vol. 157 Issue 10, p139
Discusses the various uses of electric rewind reels in fire apparatus. Use of reels for mounting attack lines; Use of horizontal and vertical reels for mounting large-diameter hose; Use of reels for mounting forestry hose; Use of a wide reel low in front of the radiator for mounting front...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Sep2009, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p124
The article evaluates several fire fighting equipment such as the Pierce foam pumper, the SVI Trucks rescue truck and the Ferrara pumper.
- POJAZDY POÅ»ARNICZE WCZORAJ I DZIÅš ROZWÃ“J TECHNOLOGII. CZERWIENKO, Dariusz; GONTARZ, Adam; JURECKI, Leszek; POGORZELSKI, Ireneusz // Safety & Fire Technique / Bezpieczenstwo i Technika Pozarnicza;2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p115
Fire-fighting vehicle is a specially prepared and marked vehicle used by fire departments or other fire protection unit to participate in rescue and fire fighting actions or other statutory activities (such as rescue at height, technical and chemical rescue). Among the fire-fighting vehicles the...
- BEZZAÅOGOWE PLATFORMY LÄ„DOWE. ROGUSKI, Jacek; CZERWIENKO, Dariusz // Safety & Fire Technique / Bezpieczenstwo i Technika Pozarnicza;2013, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p81
This paper discusses the development of BPL (unmanned mobile platforms) and potential for adaptation to the needs of the Fire Service. During fire and rescue operations a fire fighter works in extremely difficult conditions. He is exposed to dangers associated with explosions, a rapidly...