HEADS OF STATE
- Emergency Preparedness. Hart, Jim // American Jails;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
The author reflects on the emergency preparedness of correctional facilities in the U.S. He discusses the emergency compliance and procedural standards of the American Correctional Association's 4th Edition Adult Local Detention Facility. He further suggests that annual inspections by fire...
- Are you prepared? Watson, Tiffany // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on the Enbridge and Vector Pipeline Emergency Responder Education Program, an online training program that launched in December 2012 to more than 7,000 emergency response agencies in Canada and the U.S., offered by Enbridge Inc. The content is based on Pipeline Emergencies,...
- Fire service & public safety: Meeting the oil train challenge. Dohman, Ramona // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p1
The article offers the author's insight on the role of fire service in public safety that includes changing public opinion, assisting in the development of effective legislation and staying updated in all types of emergency response. She discusses topics including the responsibilities of the...
- Fire/EMS Execs Urged to Register Online. // Fire Chief;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p14
Reports that the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) is urging state and local fire and chief officers, department heads and state fire marshalls to register online with Disaster Help.gov. Features of the web site; USFA Critical Infrastructure Protection program; Confidential information for...
- The Month: People Moves Update - Puma. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Sep2011, p6
The article reports that Gary Wise has been appointed as an executive in Puma's regional marketing team.
- Minnesota Fire Marshal Division Directory. // Minnesota Fire Chief;2013/2014 Directory, p86
A directory for the Minnesota Fire Marshal Division is presented.
- State Fire Marshal Reminds Residents To Change Smoke Alarm Batteries as Clocks Are Set Back. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;11/7/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 40, p3
The article informs of Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal (OSFM) regarding its reminder announcement for locals to change their smoke alarm batteries for their proper working.
- Shaping our future role with wildland fire[a]. Comanor, Joan M. // Fire Management Notes;Spring98, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p6
Features the 1997 National Forest Fire Management Officers' Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Discussions made on key national conservation issues, forest health, fire policy implementation and FIRE 21; Role of wildland fire management in caring for the land; Priority placed by the United...
- Minnesota Fire Marshal Division Directory. // Minnesota Fire Chief;2009 Directory, p71
A directory of the Minnesota Fire Marshal Division is presented.